Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help ID guitar &Serial Number

Hello.

I'm trying to uncover some details about my guitar, which was purchased back in the early to mid 90's. I believe it is a Soloist XL, but I'm having a hard time making out the stamped serial number on the last fret. To me it look like it reads: J901854 but I've been unable to find info coresponding to a serial number like that. Below is an image link showing the SN:

Is it possible to derive any specifics (year, origin, etc) from this information. The headstock has Professional on it. I'd also like to know, if possible, if the finish(Metallic black is nitrocellulose

The serial indicates made in Japan 1990. How 'bout a pic of the whole guitar?
    Here's a link to the XL specs for you to compare. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1993Page18.jpg
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks. I'll post a photo of the full guitar when I can. All I had at the time was my phone. Black guitar plus dark room plus camera phone tends to add up to blurry photos.

Comment

i have no idea what my guitar is i bought it from a friend and want to know what it is worth not that i'm gonna sell it just wondering it says J.J. Scott on it but i am yet to find it anywhere on the internet.

Comment

Sounds like one of the Scott Ian signatures. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2000Page09.jpg
          What's the serial?
          Originally posted by Carlos spicy weiner View Post
          i have no idea what my guitar is i bought it from a friend and want to know what it is worth not that i'm gonna sell it just wondering it says J.J. Scott on it but i am yet to find it anywhere on the internet.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Carlos spicy weiner, that URL takes me to Photobucket and shows what looks like some kind of Brian May copy, not even close to a Jackson. And why did you post in somebody else's thread instead of starting your own?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hate to revive a thread this old, but I'm once again looking for details on this guitar. Below is the best photo I have of the neck and body.

Comment

Mudlark already replied to you in the first reply with mostly everything you could hope for. Here's an updated link: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995

Not sure about the finish, but if it's anything like typical Jackson, it would likely be a polyurethane clearcoat finish over the metallic black paint, no?
                Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-02-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

If it was nitro the paint would have been gone by now =)

And that looks like an early Soloist Xl since it has the schaller trem.
                  Last edited by ed; 02-02-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X