Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysterious jackson (for me)

I need your help to identify this guitar

Holy smokes. I don't think that's a Jackson body.

Anyone else??
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Also - most Jacksons with sharkies don't have a 24th fret inlay.

Comment

I've seen some old Indonesian Jackson on here a long time ago that did have a 24th fret inlay like that. Also, that control layout is more like an Ibanez, but there have been a couple weird Musicians Friend runs that were like that. Some better, bigger pics would be nice.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Black hardware with chrome tuners? There's no way that's a Jackson body.

Comment

That body doesn't look like a Jackson body...
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

somebody else posted this same picture last night

Comment

Not a Jackson, check the headstock shape, and I don't know of any Jacksons with sharkies that do not have a 1st fret inlay....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I've seen some old Indonesian Jackson on here a long time ago that did have a 24th fret inlay like that. Also, that control layout is more like an Ibanez, but there have been a couple weird Musicians Friend runs that were like that. Some better, bigger pics would be nice.
                  ^

Exactly what I was thinking. One of the cheapest Jackson necks on one of the cheapest Ibanez bodies... the body shape is distinctly Ibanez too. I wouldn't even put a value on it.

Nobody mentioned that it's missing the inlay by the nut.
                  Last edited by xenophobe; 08-15-2014, 12:19 AM.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    ^

Exactly what I was thinking. One of the cheapest Jackson necks on one of the cheapest Ibanez bodies... the body shape is distinctly Ibanez too. I wouldn't even put a value on it.

Nobody mentioned that it's missing the inlay by the nut.
                    I mentioned the missing inlay in the post immediately above yours. My guess is a mutt as well but pix of the backside and headstock front/back would tell for sure

Comment

I'd just say pass if someone is actually considering buying it. You should be able to get a $99 Jackson at any guitar shop that has a decent amount of used guitars.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X