Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My finished "Quickie" Rhoads from yours truly.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My finished "Quickie" Rhoads from yours truly.....

Well, here's my quick version of a 24 fret Avenger/Rhoads. It's a Charvel Avenger body with the neck pickup and and 5-way switch "tossed away" and filled and a new Jackson 24 fret neck with reverse headstock and upside down inlays. Obviously the Avenger being a 22 fret neck type body, I had to route the neck pocket a bit closer to the body and if you look close, you'll see I shaved about a 1/2" off the lower wing and did a little radiused cutout for upper fret access. It's flat black with silver bevels. Has an original Floyd Rose and a "full shred" Duncan housed in a chrome bezel from an old Univox pickup that died which is then mounted in an oversized ring to cover the old dual stacked humbucker routing. Plays like a champ and is quite balanced.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDhAm8ZJi6*JL3aL9Lt3Ewrfpjwr4XKNcsFBVu2LS9FsXLqn TMNP29dwgorDYOthLpkkkCMc5cTV3otJpgv1E4Iy85O7lmIa5D hvkYGPeIl*fQxTEqcfXBmpE7WqzIx/Black%20V%20small.jpg?dc=4675439646055615080[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: My finished "Quickie" Rhoads from yours truly.....

Nice job! Looks very cool.

Comment

What a f*cking beautiful guitar!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I think that anyone who wants a 24 fret Rhoads should make one as you have!!!!!

Comment

i was thinking the same thing NOTP, only with a sort of, TWIST... how about anyone who wants a 24 fret Rhoads just GETS one like that since well, a-hem, 'ey Dave, where's the line start? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You did a fine job there, she looks sweet. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            Wow man, that is just too f***in' BRUTAL!
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Black w. silver bevels looks great! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Awesome!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ September 20, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You are hired!!

(to do my DXMG neck / KVX10 body project)!

We'll talk again around New Year's (when my discount kicks in)

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

magnificent. I love you. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Noice!! How quickly do fingerprints show up on that finish though?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Dave, thats stunning! You always make an old project into something great! Nice work! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks fellers! I appreciate all the comments and to answer VitaminG, yes, you have to wipe it down like every other guitar. Just because you can't see them on other finishes, doesn't mean they're not there [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks!
                        Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Coooooool Guitar!!

Very sweet

Comment

Unreal!! Very cool, bro. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

SWEET! Glad to see it worked out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X