Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

I found a Jackson with a reverse headstock at a pawn shop...they are wanting 218 for it, it is in good condition, the serial number is 00073583 or 00078583. (took pic to save the number, but it was a little blurry) I really love the look and feel of it and it's sound but I don't want to pay more than it's worth.
    Last edited by candylland; 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

If it plays and sounds good, how can you go wrong at that price?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Comment

I hear ya, but i just want to be sure, because for me 200 bux is a lot of money....

Comment

I bet it is, you can buy alot in candyland with 200 bucks! Ha ha. But seriously for just over 200 you cant really go wrong if you like it. Im not good w serials but id guess its a dx10d. Did you look at what trem it had?

Edit- wait thats alot of numbers...maybe a js? Can you give more details? Binding,inlays, hardware color,etc?

Comment

I don't know very much about guitars, my boyfriend does, but he isn't here...I did post a pic but it hasn't been approved yet.

Comment

I'll look at the serial number again, but i'm positive it's not js..it's 000...it's red, has mother of pearl inlays, i don't know about the other things you asked about, i'm sorry.

Comment

Comment

By js i mean js series incase you arent familiar with all the series. May i ask, and please dont be offended, but do you know the difference between mother of pearl and pearloid?

Heres a few js models
                  http://www.legacymusic.com/Resources/v2xlb.jpeg
                  http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_i...rst--large.jpg
                  Last edited by jdr94; 08-18-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Ah...I am not sure if it is pearloid...I'm a noob when it comes to guitars, I am trying to learn though. I wouldn't know the difference between the two...but that's why i'm here

Comment

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...ps96975a13.jpg

Maybe this will work?

Comment

Pearloid is whats on most of the less than high end guitars it looks similar but doesnt shine like true MOP. Do you think you could google some an image that looks like it and post the link?
                        Sometimes you can find great deals at pawnshops so it could be true mop. Im sure one of the serial know it alls will be along shortly and tell you what year it was made and all that jazz. Did it look anything like the links i posted?

Comment

Did the link I posted show up? I did, they look similar but not same.

Comment

I'd like if one of the "know it alls" would come tell me more about it, I am going to go back tomorrow and pick it up, most likely, and would like to know more about it. My boyfriend just loves it, but we don't know much about the brand etc, He knows about pickups etc, he had a reversed headstock before and loved it, which is why it caught his attention.

Comment

Jt500 trem looks like a dx10d to me.
                              http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2002Page09.jpg
                              Last edited by jdr94; 08-18-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X