Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah or one of those

Comment

I'd definitely spend just a few more dollars and buy a Japanese version. Look for a 6 digit serial number.

Comment

Yeah if you dot see nice guitars around your way just hit up ebay or guitar centers used section

Comment

What's the skill level of the player? beginning to intermediate it will be a good guitar. expert it will suck. for the money it's priced right. The Made in Japan ones are a huge jump in quality but if most of players that like Jackson's waited until we had the money for a "good" Jackson we would be playing fender or Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            What's the skill level of the player? beginning to intermediate it will be a good guitar. expert it will suck. for the money it's priced right. The Made in Japan ones are a huge jump in quality but if most of players that like Jackson's waited until we had the money for a "good" Jackson we would be playing fender or Gibson.
            Well a japanese jackson doesnt mean a "pro" there are quite a few mij jacksons that can be found at a good low price, but yeah its a good better than bottom of the barrel starter

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
              I'd definitely spend just a few more dollars and buy a Japanese version. Look for a 6 digit serial number.
              I thought we wanted 7 digit numbers?

Comment

[QUOTEWell a japanese jackson doesnt mean a "pro" there are quite a few mij jacksons that can be found at a good low price, but yeah its a good better than bottom of the barrel starter][/QUOTE]I didn't use "PRO" I said expert. I should have said advanced.

I thought we wanted 7 digit numbers?
                up to 96 the jackson MIJ had 6 digits serial numbers on the bolt-ons(professional on the headstock) and actually had the year in the number(first 2 digits).

Comment

if the case comes with it, the case is worth $100. if it plays nice, he will like playing it. Its value really depends on your intent. does he plan on playing professionally in the near future or is this for recreational playing? there are better made models in a higher price point but most people are struggling to pay rent. can you afford $500 for a "better" one? If it is good enough to make him happy, it is fair price(with the case). it is a pawn shop...offer them 175, tax included. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X