Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop, Select Series.....need some Q's answered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop, Select Series.....need some Q's answered.

No, that is old outdated information. Jackson will no longer do a ten piece run and give USA Select pricing.

Re: Custom Shop, Select Series.....need some Q\'s answered.

Posted by Matt, of Matt's Music on September 11th:

"If you guys can agree on something, I'll get it priced for you. If you want it to be truly unique it will have to be custom shop, but if you can live with a USA Select with finish/hardware/pickup changes, it will be a bit more affordable. Either way, we need 10 to make it work. Jackson requires a minimum of 10 for a USA Select "small batch" and if it's going to be a Custom Shop piece we should try to get as close to 10 pieces as possible so we can keep the price down for everyone. I'll be happy to take one of them for myself either way. "
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What's the big deal with having a tone knob?

nobody said you had to use it. Just get a SL2H and use the bridge pickup..put hte switch where you need it. who knows...there's a good chance your preferences will change, and you'll appreciate teh extra gizmos that come with an SL2H. For less than a custom anyway.

Comment

Why do I want a one humbucker, one volume Soloist? Because! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I rarely use neck pickups. I use the neck on my Strat more than anything else. My DK2 would be perfect if it had only one humbucker. Why did EVH drop everything but the volume knob and one humbucker? Why were early Charvels in this very same configuration? Thats all anybody in the market for those axes wanted..........or they felt what was good enough for Eddy it was good enough for them. I have had a bunch of one humbucker axes in my time and after I played around with different pickup configurations I have found that one humbucker and a volume knob is all i really need. It seems to be comming back too.

The post i read a while back was when the bullseye Charvels were being made. I need to correct myself.....it wasn't a post I read on here. It was an e-mail I got a reply to. I e-mailed a reputable Jackson Dealer and I was told that if I wanted to get into a one humbucker Soloist I could get it in a Select price range if I went with mostly stock options. Now that I'm thinking about it.........this was a few weeks before the buyout.

After playing guitar for the past 20 years I have come to the conclusion that less is more in my case.

Thanks guys...........looks like I have to go the Custom Shop route.

Comment

Man just rip the pickups and knobs out of your guitar now except the bridge pickup and volume knob and cover them with tape or stickers. That will be rad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
            I e-mailed a reputable Jackson Dealer and I was told that if I wanted to get into a one humbucker Soloist I could get it in a Select price range if I went with mostly stock options. Now that I'm thinking about it.........this was a few weeks before the buyout.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I quite understand your desire for a one hum, volume only guitar. I think they're great like that. I rarely ever use my tone knob or a neck pickup playing in a live situation anyways.

As for the "reputable dealer" saying that, Jackson has never done one-off USA Selects for anybody who wasn't either an employee or for any dealers, for the most part. If a dealer could do that, they would have had to pull some mighty strings indeed and called upon a few favors. I think he was just luring you in for the sale.

Comment

Custom Shop, Select Series.....need some Q\'s answered.

I remember way back in another post that you could get a Select Series Custom as long as the options stayed in the boundries of the Select series. After hearing all this talk about a one humbucker Soloist it got me thinking. All I really want is an SL2H minus the tone knob, switch and neck humbucker. Is this still possible to do? If it is, how much would it cost? I may be in a position to buy around March next year.

Comment

you could get a Select Series Custom as long as the options stayed in the boundries of the Select series.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOT true at all. What post was this?

Any deviation from stock means Custom Shop and Custom Shop pricing. This includes the one hum short scale soloist projects thru Matts.

Comment

Yes, you can have this done, but to get less than Custom Shop prices, you would need to buy a batch of 10 or more I believe.

As for USA Selects, they're standard configurations, and to get anything different, you would need to order a custom shop, or order a "limited" batch of 10+.

Comment

Jon, I feel your wants and pain!! I want the same thing, and will eventually order one, but I was hopeing to get 10 people together to do it, but it looks as though we are on our one with this one.I am going to sit down and think of all that I truly want on it, but it deffinately will be 1 Hum, 1 Volume knob,Short Scale, after that the sky`s the limit, well I hope so with the shop move and all. If Fender raises the prices to high, I will back off and think of something else, but for now the prices are still the same.Jon, good luck man, and if you want email me personally with the all of the specs you are thinking of, I bet they are cool!! Jack.

Comment

You want an SL2H, with only 1H? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Why did Eddie use just the one knob/one pickup setup? Because Wayne and Lynn were doing Hot Rod Starter Kits, and given EVH's penchant for experimentation, one knob/one hum is a good place to start - he could go from there to H-H, H-S, H-H-H, H-S-S, and H-S-H if he wanted, but given Van Halen's style, there would have been really no need for all that except in the studio, where it's just as easy (and fun) to grab 10 different guitars to get 20-30 different sounds.

Why not just hunt down a Charvel Model 5FX (or was it the 5A?) It's neckthrough, high quality, single hum, ebony w/fins (or was it rosewood?) and I've seen them with dots as well.

Or save your cash and just disconnect your neck hummer and tone knob [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Better yet, learn to incorporate the tone knob and neck hummer into your playing [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No Charvel Model series had ebony boards, Newc.

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Eddie's Frankenstein had hum-sing-single routing...he said he just connected the pickup to the knob then out to the jack because he forgot how it was before, and he had to do the simplest thing to get it to work again.

Comment

Working...
                          X