Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Introduction...

Hello To All...

I have been hanging out at this forum for a while and I figure I might as well introduce myself. This board is simply the best and everyone wants to be part of the best, right? Anyways, so far I have two J/Cs in my collection: A charvel 275 (my first guitar!) and a Jackson AT1T (my second guitar, bought pretty cheap). I'm originaly from the LA area, went to school in San Diego, and I currently reside in Taiwan. I'm a really crappy guitar player, but it sure is fun. I basically try to make as much noise as possible, kind of in the vein of In Flames, Iced Earth, and Metallica.

Cheers,

-Mike

(not scratched, just a reflection from the case)

Re: An Introduction...

Welcome aboard Mike [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ,nice axes [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!Chuck E.

Comment

iced,
      you're in some sick waters, i got some extra paddles if you need them.

atomic
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Welcome aboard (I'm new, too). It's cool to see another hardtail fan around here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dude, Iced Earth is awesome. I hate to admit it, but what REALLY drew me into their music was the fact that they wrote a concept album about Spawn. That's one of those really weird, cool things that only a non-mainstream band would do. I've been listening to a lot of their stuff and they're pretty much metal defined.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Nice guitars
          and cool name choice! You'll have big fun here (best take the paddles Tommy offered though; they're solid koa!).

Rich
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Let the insanity begin.

Comment

Hey.

Whatcha doing in Taiwan? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

-R
              SoCal
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

welcome.. iced earth rocks.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Morning Fellas (12 hour time difference between here and the East Coast)...

It is certainly good to feel welcome! Atomic, I think I will be needing that paddle now.

Iced Earth is basically the band that changed my whole outlook on music. I heard them on the radio (Melancholy on K-IOZ's "Another State Of Mind" Show) and I thought "this music isn't popular?"... Time to dive into the metal underground.

In Taiwan I am a computer programmer, kind of like job training for when I come back to the U.S. and work for my Dad's company. It has its ups and downs, but overall it has been a lot of fun. If anyone is interested in the guitar scene here, basically Ibanez dominates for two main reasons: price and quality [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ... er... I mean Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai. Guitarist are into virtuosos and power metal around here. Jackson are sadly not very popular.

To answer JimmyApollo, yes it is a 4x2 headstock, but I had no idea they were uncommon.

Cheers to All,
                  [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Mike

Comment

Nice AT! Is that a 4x2 headstock? Those are supposed to be fairly uncommon (~30 were made before Ernie Ball cried foul, or so the story goes).

Comment

Welcome to the board! And having fun is why probally all of us are playing. As for being crappy, we've all been there. Just keep up with your practicing. (and nice collection) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...
                      www.godwentpunk.com
                      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

welcome, dammit!

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment