Marty Friedman Defected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman Defected?

I just opened the new Guitar World and there's an ad with Marty Friedman endorsing Ibanez. Whoa...

Speaking of Ibanez, Yngwie Malmsteen is on the new G3 tour with Vai and Satriani. Should be pretty cool!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: Marty Friedman Defected?

It's funny how if you add just one more letter to the last word of the topic title, you get an accurate comment on Marty's move away from Jackson. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Matt, where you been?! Marty left Megadeth quite some time ago, and left behind Jackson in the process. Did you know John Lennon was shot? And that World War II was won by the Allied forces? Remember the Big Bang? It was 15 billion years ago! Sorry, bro, just raggin' on ya! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
        It's funny how if you add just one more letter to the last word of the topic title, you get an accurate comment on Marty's move away from Jackson. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Deflected? How's that? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I thought it was 16 billion

Comment

No no no...

Marty Friedman Disinfected... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

... try defecated. more appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by illumina:
                ... try defecated. more appropriate
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah! Now I get it! It's funny though; the guy's been a highly influential player for almost 20 years, but all that goes out the window because you don't like him switching guitars and trying something different than what he's been churning out for those 20 years. I'm not saying I dig the direction or am going Ibanez, but take a frikkin' Xanax, ok?
                Getting upset about it is just silly!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think Marty's awesome. His taste changed and he went to Ibanez, but I can never disrespect Megadeth's best lead guitar player.

I'm a huge Megadeth fan.... I think I would be deeply saddened if Dave left the metal world, though. Metal NEEDS Mustaine.

Comment

Who's upset? Are you referring to me? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] If so, it's no big deal to me.

Although Marty's a cool player, I've never been a huge fan or anything. During or post-MD. I was just commenting on the move. IMHO, it's kind of like going from Porsche to Hyundai. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Took a dump on that one, me thinks. ...Unless, of course, it really was all about the $. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Not you, Shreddermon, I was thinking of the "stupid permed hair ass" comment. Actually it's not even a perm, that's his hair! Why personally insult the guy, was my point? He sure ain't stupid, and it probably is about money. Is he gonna couch-hop from JCF members' house to house in his old age? The guy's probably near 40 or over, and it's time to think of putting some $ away for retirement. He's 20 years behind many people his age, and Ibanez could employ him for the next 20 years. What's wrong with that?

Porsche to Hyundai? Maybe more like a Porsche to a Corvette, but his is still a souped-up model. I'm sure his Ibanezes look, play and sound just great.

Besides, we still have Jenna! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ September 22, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                        Besides, we still have Jenna! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If she ran away, I would be bummed.

Comment

Matt:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mask:
                            I think Marty's awesome. His taste changed and he went to Ibanez, but I can never disrespect Megadeth's best lead guitar player.

I'm a huge Megadeth fan.... I think I would be deeply saddened if Dave left the metal world, though. Metal NEEDS Mustaine.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely man... You mess with Chris Poland and I'm gonna have to find you and hurt you.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

No Tekky, he said the BEST; that's Marty!
                              Chris is the SECOND-BEST lead guitarist of Megadeth! Hey, he is better than Jeff
                              Young, I'll give ya that! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X