Marty Friedman Defected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marty Friedman Defected?

It sucks that he left Jackson, but I'm glad he did go with Ibanez. That way, he gets an Ibanez model instead of a copy of a Jackson model with another company's name that won't be specifically mentioned cough*ESP*cough on it.

Comment

Marty said that Jacksons were great for all the meedl meedly meedly stuff but not good for complex chording - I guess that qualifies as stupidity.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Big bang? Uh... what's that??? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Marty's awesome and although I knew he had left Megadeth a long time ago, I wasn't aware he had left Jackson. Actually I didn't know what he was doing at all. It's a good thing I became a member of this here forum so you guys can betta edumacate me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

And boy what an edumacation you gots!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Have you guys ever considered becoming comedians and taking this thing on the road? It could be "The Travelling JCF Comedy Show", or something like that. I'd pay to see it in my town. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

We're the Not-Ready-For-Intarweb-Players...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Had to look that one up.

Intarweb... Intentional misspelling for 'internet' usually used when making fun of people who are technologically impaired.

OMG! Teh Intarweb si down!!11! All of my AOL Blast Capacity leaked out!

See, this is just another example of the fine things I learn here. In fact, I think I'll call my next band "Blast Capacity". I like it. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhh, you missed the other reference...

The Not-Ready-For-Primetime-Players was what the first cast for SNL was called.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

They actually do take this show on the road, Aneheim in the winter and Nashville in the summer.... Stay tuned for ticket information!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                      I do not think going to another company is defection.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only reason Dave left Jackson was because he had a hissy fit. He wanted to buy the company but couldn't come up with the cash in time, so it was sold to someone else.

In retaliation, he sold off a majority of his Jacksons, told Jackson that all of the Y2KV signature guitars being built (even the ones already paid for) were to be stopped and destroyed.

What a f'n crybaby. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                        Ahhh, you missed the other reference...

The Not-Ready-For-Primetime-Players was what the first cast for SNL was called.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">D'OH!! I knew that, I just got to this thread too late.

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                        And boy what an edumacation you gots!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Comment

I do not think going to another company is defection.

If he can play an ibanez and like it, fine thats for him. If they can give him more money, thats great.

And after ready he wants to play pop **** like sugar ray, he is going ot need all the money he can get.

Stupid permed hair ass.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Damn kids..... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                              Marty said that Jacksons were great for all the meedl meedly meedly stuff but not good for complex chording - I guess that qualifies as stupidity.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that's more an indication that Marty's too nice a guy to flat-out diss the "old" company as crap as he moves over to his new endorsement deal. Unlike some former endorsees who bemoan their old guitars as being the biggest loads of crap that they had to suffer purely for the sake of the deal, until they finally got a deal with [insert name of newly-endorsed equipment manufacturer here]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                                No Tekky, he said the BEST; that's Marty!
                                Chris is the SECOND-BEST lead guitarist of Megadeth! Hey, he is better than Jeff
                                Young
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Marty is the overall better guitar player, but if you’re a Megadeth purist, Chris Poland was the most crucial guitarist for anyone’s timeframe in the band. And my all-time favorite songs of there’s has Chris on guitar: Wake Up Dead and Devil’s Island. Wake Up jumps out of the speakers and slaps the listener around, and I highly recommend checking this song out if you’re a new guitarist. Jeff Young was notable because he had great technique, and I always thought he kind of looked like Randy Rhoads. So, for the best songs: Poland, technique: Young, and overall ability: Marty. And as far as endorsements, I’ll miss that Jackson guitar in Marty’s hands. Anything else will just not look right to me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Totenkopf ]

Comment

Working...
                                X