Marty Friedman Defected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marty Friedman Defected?

I like Go to Hell. Some classic Marty soloing in there. And that alone is good enough for me.

[ October 01, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: shape shift ]

Comment

And here I was thinking we were talking about Racer X. I don't think they have a song called Go To Hell, so I'll stay out of this one. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Thoraby:
        Go to hell is a ****ty song [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you for that eloquent review of the song...
        Occupy JCF

Comment

It was on Buried Treasures, a Megadeth one-off collection, but yeah it was written for Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, namely the part where they go to Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
            And here I was thinking we were talking about Racer X. I don't think they have a song called Go To Hell, so I'll stay out of this one. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it was written for Bill and Ted Go To Hell, and was on that soundtrack but not a Megadeth album.

No, Racer X don't have a Go To Hell.
            We just returned to the thread topic.

[ October 03, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
              Yeah, I have worked with a boss that had problems.

And there are things you can do. Yeah, maybe you dont like a junky, but maybe some junkies dont want to be that anymore.

if you cant accept that, then go to hell, because there are people out there who want help.

I am sure there could have been a way he could have helped dave.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Read what I said, It does not say to go there, it says, if you cannot accept the fact. Maybe I am off base there, so I'll shut up, but drug use is a personal thing, Not that I used, but people around myself have. I see it killing people all the time, and its rather depressing.

Maybe you have experience, and that's what you speak from, however, I just think that Marty is kind of lame if you want my opinion, I gave more than enough supportive evidence.

Just watch the behind the music, and see that slob say how he could have played budakahn (spelling), it just makes me damn sick when I think about it.

Sorry for being opinionated, sorry if you thought I was telling you to go to hell. The point was, I do not think drug users that are addicts really want to be, I mean you see that glimmer they might come clean, but then blam they start withdrawling or whatever and use again.

Maybe when they see it hurts people they want to stop, but cant, I have a million reasonings about it, I will just be quiet, I did not mean to upset admins or viewers.

If you took what I meant as saying you should go to hell eat crap and die, that is the wrong way. I just meant blah I give up. I cannot think of words to describe it.

Let me better try.

USers sometimes do not want to use. It kills people. If you cannot see this, that sometimes these people want help, they just cannot help themselves sometimes, then you really should take a look again, because, there are no two ways about it.

My sincerest apologies for offending you and the administration of the board.

Comment

so you hold a grudge against Marty because he might've derived pleasure from ANY facet of life (like being excited at the prospect of playing the legendary Budokan) while his boss suffers from drug addiction? He should deprive himself of any fun in his life because of choices his bandmate has made? Does that include enjoying playing the music? How long should he do this for, considering Dave's problem is a long-term one and had started many years before Marty even joined the band?

His comments don't indicate that he wasn't concerned for Dave (maybe he wasn't, who knows?), but as lerxstcat said, maybe he felt there was nothing he could, maybe he'd tried but Dave had refused his help, maybe although that aspect of life was kinda sh!tty he was still pretty excited about playing the Budokan.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

It is not what he says, it his how he says it. Just watch it. Yeah I would be bummed too, but I do not think I would have went on TV and *****ed about it after my boss just relapsed and could have died.

Comment

The best thing to do when you are in a close relationship with someone who has a drug problem is to look out for yourself...most of the time the only thing you can do for that person is to be supportive and be their friend, but you have to take care of yourself foremost. It's as easy to get sucked into trying to "save" a person from their addictions as it is to get sucked into the addiction for the other person, so the best thing to do is try to take care of yourself and enjoy your life.

Comment

Boxcar, well said!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Deneb, if you've been around a user for a long time, eventually you desensitize. I
                      can personally say that after about the 10th time you've called an ambulance for
                      the same person, you tend to start getting pissed off. The empathy and sympathy burn off, because YOU have to survive. You begin to prepare yourself that one day the ER won't be able to revive your friend, as a survival mechanism. Seeing that without true understanding, you might think that person doesn't care. They have in fact
                      cared until the circuit breaker tripped.
                      hen they're numb.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I do understand, believe me. I do not want to get into it, I do not want to relive everything that happened.

I have desensitised, however, I look back and I see 2 people who died, and the only thing I can think if I had tried any fukking harder I would be alot better off, and maybe they would be alive.

It is my own personal demon that gives me my feelings, and I am sorry if you cannot understand why I feel the way I do.

I am also sorry if I vented my anger in the wrong way, however I cannot say I am sorry I do not like Marty.

Comment

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but nothing you could've done would have saved those people. They did it to themselves, it wasn't your responsiblity to save them. You did all you could do, so don't blame yourself for what happened to them, because it's not your fault. I understand how you feel better than you think, but you simply can't blame yourself for causing something that you didn't start. It's not a selfish thing to do, it doesn't make you a horrible person, so give yourself a break, let it go...you'll be much happier.

Comment

I appreciate the advice, it is something I have been trying to accept, but at this point in time, my personal demons will not let me win it out.

There is no way to slice it, I may have a different outlook in years to come, but I believe really heavilly in feelings, maybe if I could have just made these people feel more loved, or whatever.

Believe me I appreciate you saying the above, because it has been shi t i have been telling myself for awhile now, it is just so damn hard to accept some things.

As a person, I do not think that I know more than anyone, however I am very intellegent and can learn more than alot of people. I need to learn to accept things I cannot change.

It has been a long road, and that is one fault about myself I am having alot of difficulty with, however I am sure there are people out there older than me that are having just as many if not more problems than myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X