Jackson Model Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Model Help!

Hey dudes, I'm new in this forum and not an experienced Jackson user, someone is selling me a Jackson with emgs, floyd rose and neck thru, the shape is like a King V. I did some research and tried to find the guitar on internet, the most close to looks and specs is Jackson KVMG King V, but the guitar has slight diferences: the neck is painted contrary to kvmg that is oil finished, and a signature in the truss rod cover. Can anyone help me figuring out what model it is?
    By the way sorry for my english, is not my first language.

Photos Here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c6nsxurfh...X6sb9HjDa?dl=0

Thanks, Jesé.

The signature on the truss rod probably denotes that its a signature model.
    Try searching the signature models to see what you come up with.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, I already did that, the only signature similar to it is the Phil Demmel but the model Demmelition and is pretty different. And I forgot to mention that is made in Indonesia.

Comment

The truss cover isn't original. Is that an ebony fret board? Are the inlays alumiloid?
        If so, I'd say it's a KVMG. The neck may have been painted by a previous owner?
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That looks just like the made in indo KVMG pro but yea yours has the painted neck. I bet it was painted later

Comment

Odd thing is the back of the headstock would be unfinished as well- who would go through the trouble, in a re-fin, to
            put all the "recycling" bullshit text or whatever it is on there? And normally all that shit is on a sticker.

Comment

Looks like it has black binding & they don't look like alumiloid inlays. Special run??

What's the serial number?

Comment

The serial is: IW11100551

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gxia9q7kf...distr.jpg?dl=0

Comment

That's a new serial number format to me. Never seen it before.
                  The number seems to suggests 2011, which would make it the earliest Indo model I've seen. 2012 is the earliest I've ever seen.

It's either a first run of an Indonesian model or a fake. I really don't know. :dunno:
                  Is the fret board ebony? How about a good pic of the fret board/inlays?
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think it's a prototype for the indonesian model.

Comment

Why would anyone fake an indo Jackson, that'd be stupid to say the least. I'm with Rich, gotta be a proto.

Comment

Working...
                      X