Has the DK2S been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the DK2S been discontinued?

I just got one over the weekend and when I openned the first box, inside there was a Fender box......the factory sticker on the box said "Jackson Black Cherry DK2S Discontinued" then the box inside the Fender box said the same thing. Anyone hear about those being axed?
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Re: Has the DK2S been discontinued?

I hadn't heard it, but seeing AMS blowing them out so cheap I'm not surprised. Of
    course I though the DK-2 HRF was discontinued because they blew 'em out for $299 last year, but they have more now - for $469.

Did you get the regular DK2S at $379 or the B-stock at $269? I just ordered one of those on the 3-pay plan. $89.99 down
    and free shipping ain't bad! If the blem is really horrid I can send it back, but
    my DK2-TRF had a tiny chip on the corner of the neck pocket, so it might be something like that. I decided not to return that one because it's really unnoticeable, and I like the dark rosewwod of the board and the pattern of the flame veneer. I wouldn't chance getting another that didn't look as nice and still might have some blem. I bet the B-stock are blem returns anyway.

Maybe because they only made this model in Black Cherry it didn't sell. Luckily
    I really love that color. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: Has the DK2S been discontinued?

I orderred it from AMS on Friday afternoon and had it Saturday evening. I did the 3 payment plan too. The only flaw the guitar had was that the Sustainiac was a tiny bit crooked, you really can't even tell. Great axe, I did change out the duncan design for a Jackson J90 and now it's sounds perfect!!!!!
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
      X