Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
    I've always dug Glenn Tipton's Hamer GT;

I thought I was the only other dude who absolutely loves this guitar!

Comment

Personally for me, the one guitar defining metal in appearance was the BC Rich Warlock
      and anyone standing on a stage using it to cover "living on a Prayer" should be stabbed and bludgeoned to death with it
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Too many to list, and not all of them were even famous. It was a helluva great time for cool looking and playing guitars. A peak of creativity on many fronts, IMHO.

Comment

You know, I've read this thread a few times, and for the life of me I can't think of any 80's guitars other than Randy's Sandoval...

There were a couple of day-glo BC Rich ST-3's that I equate to early glam metal, but I really can't think of anything that I'd want.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That Tipton Hamer is badass. +1 to Hamer for never whoring it out, for what it's worth now. We all know what Dean would have done with it given the chance.

Comment

Any RR that I have seen being played live in the 80's (in videos - I was born in the 80's for better or worse ). I too love single-hum RR's, especially in white.

Comment

Still my fave today!

Comment

Ok, I will do it. This one...

And of course, this one... These were the guitars I dreamed of playing in the mid 80's.

Comment

Remember all the flourescent Ibanez Rg's and Jems, great guitars.

Last edited by etepbbb; 03-29-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Couldn't forget:

Comment

By far Randy's 2 Jacksons (white Concorde and black/gold string thru Rhoads) as well as Polka Dot Sandoval V. You instantly know who those belonged to and those guitars kick started the pointy revolution Also remember Randy never benefited much from MTV exposure and there was no YouTube around. Yet everyone wanted a Jackson Rhoads
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          Yet everyone wanted a Jackson Rhoads
                          I didn't even know who Randy was for years, I have to be honest. None of my friends listened to Ozzy for some reason so I was never exposed to Randy. I DID want a Rhoads, but only because of Dan Spitz, Andreas Kisser and other guys like that.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                            I didn't even know who Randy was for years, I have to be honest. None of my friends listened to Ozzy for some reason so I was never exposed to Randy. I DID want a Rhoads, but only because of Dan Spitz, Andreas Kisser and other guys like that.
                            Well, let me put it this way: after Randy played one this guitar company called Jackson became pretty famous and sought after Seriously, how many other artists can claim an entire guitar company was born from their fame/association like that? And Jackson is here still today, decades later
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              This one:

I read somewhere that his RR's where made even smaller since he was a little fella, Anthrax rules

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
                                Any RR that I have seen being played live in the 80's (in videos - I was born in the 80's for better or worse ). I too love single-hum RR's, especially in white.
                                Right, If I was my age now in the 80's I'm sure I'd have an army of Single hum guitars. Mostly V's.

Comment

Working...
                                X