Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speedloader Soloist...

Originally posted by Wendell:
    I think it's cool too. I'd like to try one before I started bashing it. Has anyone here tried one of the Speedloader Floyds yet?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A friend of mine has an import BC Rich Beast with one. I played it and it felt just like any other Floyd (set up with 9's in standard tuning) but since I didn't detune it or try to change a string or anything, I really don't know any more about them than someone who hasn't played one.

Comment

I like it!
      As long as it sounds good and easier to change strings, I would buy it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The headstock just looks so naked without machine heads on there.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would have killed for this system when I was touring.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by nor:
            I would have killed for this system when I was touring.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why Nor?? No tech?

Comment

I just dont see the need for the speedloader. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] To me its really not that difficult to changes strings on a Floyd guitar. I dont think I will be standing in line for one of these. Gimme me OFR and I am a happy camper. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I love my OFRs and Schallers all my guitars have them and if they don’t have them when I buy them they usually do with in a week or two. I would definitely give the speedloader its fair chance. I don’t see what the big deal is. The only real difference I see is it seems to be more practical. If all I have to do is fine tune and the occasional intonation check, I would be a happy camper. And for you guys that like to block your floyd (which I will never understand) depending on the who bought the guitar from it may come with a block stop.

I wont be replacing any of my OFRs be no means but I would definitely give it a try. Besides it couldn’t as bad as a JT500 or JT580. Speedloader Info
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

"Not exactly. If a string breaks on a regular Floyd, you have to undo the nut and saddle screws, replace the string, stretch it out, tune it, stretch, tune, stretch, tune, then lock the nut down and fine-tune and then retune the whole guitar just to be sure."

For a nOOb I can see where the speedloader might come in handy. But changing strings on a Floyd is second nature for anyone who has done if for years.
                  I LIKE the motions I go thru to change strings and tune up. There is something almost spiritual about it. Brings one closer to their instrument IMHO.
                  I won`t go for the speedloader bridge myself, tho I suspect many will. And not only this, have you seen the speedloader bridge??? It is fugly as sin. hehhehhhe

Comment

Well atleast the new soloist in the article has an expanded logo, unlike the blue one where the headstock looks half empty.

Comment

This is kind of interesting, considering a couple neck-thru Carvins have been shown on the Carvin board with the Speedloader, and they're 25" scale.

"Please note: SpeedLoader strings are offered in two scale lengths, 25.5in. and 24.75in. If your not sure what scale length your guitar is, consult the guitar manufacturer or the store where you purchased the guitar.

Make sure you have purchased the correct scale length strings for your guitar. The string scale length appears in the lower left corner of the string package."
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A lot of you are missing the point though, its not a matter of difficulty, its a matter of time.. its called the SPEEDloader, not EASYloader.. if you're a gigging/touring guitarist the speedloader is a great idea, you can finally have a guitar that will stay in tune, can change strings super fast, and with all the advantages of a floyd. A lot of touring guitarists change strings on a daily basis too.. so if you're just someone that plays in your room or whatever, there isn't much point to it unless you're just lazy... but for a gigging musician its awesome.

Comment

So this system only works for standard tuning? I guess they could make sets for different tunings, but it sounds rather
                          complicated and not too flexible. Will they make sets for D, Drop-D, Drop-C, C#,
                          Drop B, etc.....?

The advantages listed can also be covered to a large extent by a couple of extra guitars with standard Floyds.

I doubt I'd retrofit a guitar to one, but
                          I might buy one that came with it, if liked the guitar.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

To my understanding you tune the speedloader to whatever tuning you want... then when you swap strings it requires a minor fine tuning

Comment

yes, the system will work in any tuning, you just have to set it up for it. as far as the strings go, floyd said that dean markley were making them, so there shouldn't be too much of a hassle getting one.

you should see the hardtail model; there's a big hunk o wood taken out for it.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                                Why Nor?? No tech?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                I wish...
                                We weren't a label-act or anything. Just a bunch of hairbags playing the heavy-end of the top-40 list for drunks in towns so small you could hold your breath from one end to the other...

I was my own tech, as well as...
                                -Rhythm guitar
                                -Lead Guitar
                                -Keyboards
                                -Vocals
                                -Poor-weather driver
                                -Decypherer of outdated maps
                                -Aquirer or towing services
                                -Mixer of Ramen flavors
                                -Apple schanapps enthusiasm coordinator
                                -Retriever of intoxicated personnel
                                -Bouncer/Bouncee
                                -Tour bus designer (how's Mopar green with a bengal interior on a full-size '74 ford school bus sound? It was the '80's...
                                -Pilferer of Quick-mart condiments
                                -Director of 'Ladies Night' after-party entertainment...
                                -Beer-bottle deflector
                                -Aqua-net consultant
                                -Scarf arrainger
                                ----
                                Ahhh. To be young, dumb, and livin' for fun...
                                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                                X