Ok guys and maybe gals another request please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok guys and maybe gals another request please

If you have one please show me your candy plum So Cal I'm looking to buy an original or if I have to build one if I can find a good painter in the Ft Myers Naples area of Florida.
    thank you in advance Rich newest platinum member.

Welcome to the Platinum Club. Just google "purple Charvel" and you'll find quite a few pics of them very quickly. Be warned though. If you're tying to replicate that color you're only going to get so close from pictures.

Comment

I google them all the time I would just rather see our members axes and how they like them
      thanks Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa hooligan View Post
        I google them all the time I would just rather see our members axes and how they like them
        thanks Rich
        Why?

Comment

I would think the members opinions here would be more accurate than people who had just bought them from some store plus I believe people like to show off their guitars.

Comment

I can understand why you might want opinions from people on the model itself. In general they're just as good as any of the other US Production models from that period. I've got a Style 1, Style 2 and a So-Cal and they're all great guitars. I like the necks and they're build well. I replaced the pickups but that's because I prefer PAFs over the stock pickups (Duncan JB, Duncan Jazz, Dimarzio Tone Zone and Dimarzio Breed neck). Some people don't mind the Korean Floyds whereas some replace them with German OFRs. I've replaced the bridge on one of mine but that was because I wanted different color hardware. To me, a guitar is a guitar. Either it feels right (neck profile, fingerboard radius, fret size) or it's not. I can change pickups, hardware, or the finish easily enough but the other things are not so easy.

If you can get a So-Cal at a fair price they're a great guitar. I paid $1000 for mine with a inexpensive Gator case but the guitar was mint. I surely wouldn't pay any more for it. If you don't want to wait for a purple one then just buy one in any color and send it to Mike Learn for a refin and you won't be disappointed. He does work for Charvel and Jackson so he knows what he's doing. I've had him refinish about 10 guitars as well as build me one and I couldn't be happier.

As far as posting a pic, mine is Pagan Gold so I don't think you'd be interested but even then it's not different than any of the other Pagan Golds that rolled off the line. Even if it was purple I wouldn't post a pic for the same reason. I don't mind posting pics of my unique guitars but the stock ones, meh. Seen one, seen them all.
            Last edited by Matt_B; 04-02-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Purple, Green, and Pagan Gold (with Mighty Mite replacement neck)

Purple closeup:

Snow White and Candy Plum (sounds like a p0rn duo):
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is awesome thank you very much what a great trio.

Comment

Matt thank you for the info that's the kind of opinions I'm looking for.
                  Rich

Comment

At one time I had 7 ProMods, and I really did like the ones I've had (and the one I still do) but I just don't get along with traditional Strat-shapes enough to justify keeping them. The body is uncomfortable to me, and I much prefer 24 frets, largely due to the design difference of the body which puts the 22nd fret in a better location.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X