I can't stop crying...really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stop crying...really

I sold my PC1 on ebay last night...sold it in less than 24 hours. A mom bought it for her son. Man, I wish my mom would have bought me an awesome guitar when I was growing up. What an awesome mother!
    I sold my PC3 last month, which means I don't own a single Jackson now. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    I might purchase a DK2 or a Charvel in the future.
    Pass the tissues please.
    Brian

Re: I can\'t stop crying...really

Sorry dude...take comfort in the fact that someone else will have a rad guitar to enjoy.

Comment

If you like the color Black Cherry, AMS is blowing out DK-2S guitars with Sustainers for $379 right now! With the 3-pay plan on your visa/mc and free UPS ground, you can call 'em today and have one on the way tomorrow for $126.35 out of pocket! it's www.americanmusical.com
      or 800 458-4076, and the item # is JAC DK2S BCH. Just a thought if you're out of C/Js and need a quick score. You have 45 days to send it back if you don't like it too!

Rich
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

WHat the hell did you do that for?!

Comment

lerxstcat
          Member # 440 posted September 23, 2003 07:51 PM
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          If you like the color Black Cherry, AMS is blowing out DK-2S guitars with Sustainers for $379
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do like black cherry, but I really don't want another guitar with a sustainer, never used it really. Thanks though.

the_drip
          Member # 736 posted September 23, 2003 08:01 PM
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          WHat the hell did you do that for?!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you see...I have a deal going on a Jem VAI2KDNA. Here it is:

I got half of the funds, now I am waiting for my boss to come through on my bonus. Hopefully very soon.
          I really loved the PC1, but I really wanted the older Phil Collen archtop. If I ever find one, of course I will snag it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

You sold a PC1 to buy that? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

mm2002
              Member # 629 posted September 23, 2003 08:30 PM
              You sold a PC1 to buy that?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I haven't bought it yet?
              There were only 300 of the DNA's made. They were hand made in the custom shop in Japan. Ibanez flew over the expert that hand swirled them and all of his equipment, too.
              I have only played a Jem that went down an assembly line, and that one was very nice. I can only imagine how a custom shop will play.

Comment

That'll probably be a cool guitar alright but I'll be surprised if you're extremely impressed with it after playing the PC1. Cool thing is if you don't like it you could always trade it back in on a new PC1 [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

That DNA has a nice swirl to it. I sold 6 of them when they were new I think. At the time they had a list of $5K and we were getting $3500.00 and up on them. How much is this one selling for?

Matt
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

mattsmusiccenter
                    Member # 1206 posted September 23, 2003 09:33 PM
                    How much is this one selling for?

Matt
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have looked at pretty much all 300 of the DNA's, at least the pictures, and this one is one of my favorites.
                    It is going for $2,950. It is pretty much in mint condition except for some normal pick swirls on the guard.

Comment

Jeez, look at the case for that thing!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I thought the red plush case for my RG7620 was awesome, but that purple looks even sweeter! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

holy cow. me and you have different tastes in guitars.

that's all I'm gonna say. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to hear that but seriously I want to ask this.
                          Did you sell it for the money to buy an Ibanez or did you sell it just for the money ?

PC1 is a nice and beautiful guitar.
                          Using top quality parts and wood and one of the best quality build as we all know.

I don't understand how is this possible to go over to Jem? That 3K(5K retail?) has a plastic pickguard that looks so cheap and swirl paint job that seems so thick that could effect the sound.
                          I have owned several Jems including one with swirl paint but they are basically lookers.
                          I couldn't stand the sound coming out of the guitar with so little sustain(play a jem without an amp and try to hear it, it sounds like dead cow) that makes me feel like I have to use a distortion pedal to add sustain like what Vai does with his Jem.
                          I didn't like the necks that had to adjust every once in a while which doesn't happen with most of Jackson I own.

I do love the way Jems look but I don't think I would pay 3K(used price for 3K, right?) for it.If I paid 3K, It wouldn't make me to play.Instead,I would end up keeping the guitar in the case and have to buy another cheaper jem for play.

It is just my opinion.

I would cry if you sold it to help to buy the 3K Jem...really..

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ September 25, 2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

That is one of the nicest looking Jems I've ever seen. I just don't see how those are worth so much money though. 3k for a bolt on guitar with rosewood, and only average quality inlays, just because a drop of Steve Vai's blood was mixed into 100,000 gallons of paint? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I'd much rather have Ron's 7 String DeathWarrior and save over a grand...
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not tryin to start a buncha crap but he made a dammmmn good investment, yes I love Jacksons over Ibanez, however there were only 300 of these made, along with the rarity of that Steve Vai's own blood was dripped in the main batch of paint, hence DNA. This will more than likely go down in the years to come as being the most sought after Jem ever. Great decision I think, you can always get another PC model, but these are constantly shooting up in price. Thumbs up to ya dude, [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ya made a great decision. Believe me when I say once you get it your tears will turn into smiles.

Comment

Working...
                              X