Is there such a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a guitar?

I'm after a Charvel or Jackson (normal body shape) with a non locking trem? (Anything without the locking trem and locking nuts). Don't care where it was made, how old it is or what type of headstock but has to be either H/S/S or H/S pickup config.

I know the model 1, but anything else?

thanks in advance,
    tim

They made quite a few pointy USA Charvels with v-trems from 2005 to around whenever the promods started. They can be had pretty cheap for how high-quality they are, and they definitely made some in the pickup configs you're looking for. Some of the San Dimas series Charvels from '95 to '97 had Wilkinson trems, and I think some of them were HSS, and there were some later imports that were kind of based on those, like the Journeyman, with a non-locking trem. A few different import Charvel models from the early '90s also had non-locking trems, like some of the ST variants and some more low-end ones.

Comment

I was going to post a few links for you, but the catalog scans at audiozone.dk aren't working right now. Definitely worth checking out once they're back up. Anyway, here's an example of an '05 USA pointy that fits the bill:

Comment

Why not a ProMod H-S with hardtail?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Off the top of my head:

Charvel SD3W had the Wilkinson, plus there was an SD2 and an actual strat in that range too.
          PC2 was a sustainerless PC1 with a Wilkinson. The early PC3 had a v trem too.
          JJ with a trem but I think those were 2 hum.
          JRS1 was a US pointy head strat with a wilkinson but was a single hum. The JRS2 was the import version.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

PC3 & PS7 were available with Wilkinson trems
            Hail yesterday

Comment

If you get a Vtrem with a pointy headstock just don't plan on using the trem because they tend to have tuning issues.
              Its the break angle from the nut to the tuners that causes that. Strat heads don't have that problem.
              Just something to take into consideration.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

Some of the JS series have a non-locking two-point trem, like my JS-20:

A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
                  X