Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help deciding on what pickups to get...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help deciding on what pickups to get...!!!

My DiMarzio Super 3 squeals like a hog if I hit a pinch harmonic. Sometimes it does it when I'm not even trying!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by guitar geek:
      1. The EMG85 kicks ass, that is the first thing. I love it better than the way colder, more aggressive 81. warm, punchy and cool harmonics.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the 85 sounds more agressive than the 81. The 81 seems to rather flat and sterile... great for processed signal, but the 85 is just brutal. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with the 85 being an awesome bridge pup!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

honestly.. i would prefer to stay passive. i think i am going to checkout the afformentioned dimarzio pickups.. i am very interested as to what kind of sound i will get out of them
        [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
          The one I had (and the one you usually see on Jacksons) was the LSR version--supposedly his old company.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those imitation pickups you can get a Stew-Mac had nothing to do with the real Bill Lawrence. I've never heard of the term LSR either. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

OBL (Original Bill Lawrence) are some other pickups Bill used to make that can be found on some Gibsons and other guitars.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the screamin demon, X2N, distortion (duncan or dimarzio) & a few others sound like what U want. granted the demon is much lower output. Ultrasonics are also really nice but hard to find.
            & yes real BL's do NOT compare to the ones stewmac have. BTW i prefer the BL 500L its not as mid rangie & shrill as the XL.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
              I had a Duncan Distortion in a Soloist for awhile, and I thought it sounded great--a clear step up from the LSR 500xl that it came with.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only double coil pick-ups I've ever bought are the Duncan Distortion units. No regrets ever.

Comment

If you want high-end screech, then high-output Duncans like Dimebuckers might do the trick.

Comment

I've had the X2N and it does have a lot of output but the magnets are so strong that your sustain go's to sh#*.
                  I got my APC persuader Lead custom which will put a X2N in the retirement home for output, plus the magnets have less drag than a low output PAF.
                  Call 1-800-809-2109 and ask for Mel
                  [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I've had the same Seymour Duncan Invader for bout 15 yrs. Its the grindiest and can be the warmest all in one, depending on the amp setting. When I sell my guitars I always take my Invader out. Just a personal opinion but I suggest you try one, (if they still make it).

Comment

Said it MANY times.......Jackson J-95.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                      X