Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Hours Employee made One Off Charvel Bass Made in Ontario, CA

Hi All,
    I have what I was told to be a 1995 "one off" Ontario, CA made Charvel Bass. It is basically a Precision style body with a Fender style headstock. The Logo is a large Charvel Made in USA style with a "Custom Shop" decal as well. The neck shows all the proper specifications that make it a "real" Charvel.

Here is the important question I leave for all of you on this forum: Inside the neck pocket shows the name "Rocco" and I was told he was the Head Finisher for J/C during that era. Would any of you know if that is true? It would authenticate the bass. The finish is a Heavy Metal Flake sprayed in lacquer. At least 20 coats of clear. A very hard finish to execute in lacquer. Any information would be helpful. Thank you much!!

pics. they will help you find out any information much better my friend. welcome to the jcf too.

Comment

Great user name for a bassist!

Comment

But remember ---
        It is not a Jackson. Sure, it may have been made by the same factory, worker, material, and designs --- which may make it just as good as the real thing. But it is not a Jackson.

Its just one of those odd technicalities that confuse people.

So, until you get some hi-res photos posted --- that is about all anyone can tell you.

Comment

Uhhmm....huh....when did anybody say it is a Jackson??

Comment

Also, "which may make it just as good as the real thing. But it is not a Jackson." When was it decided that a Charvel is inferior to a Jackson? Not to me...
            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Perhaps that was more of a reference to it not being serialized? If so, that doesn't mean it's not a "real" J/C. Just unverifiable and unsupported by the manufacturer. Sure, we've gone down the rabbit hole to interpretive, nuanced screw-counting, navel lint examination stuff. But, assuming it's a legit employee project, it is what it says it is.

Comment

But is it made in Ontario, Canada?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Canadian models were inferior.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The employee project Ontario Canada made ones are the most rare. Def holy grail for sure. I disagree entirely Mudlark. Have you ever played one? They have a ton of mojo. ooooozzzzzzzinnnnnnggg mojo. the more rare kind of mojo.

Comment

Played one? My dad worked at the factory.
                          Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                          The employee project Ontario Canada made ones are the most rare. Def holy grail for sure. I disagree entirely Mudlark. Have you ever played one? They have a ton of mojo. ooooozzzzzzzinnnnnnggg mojo. the more rare kind of mojo.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Didn't Kevin Easton have some basses like that?
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              Didn't Kevin Easton have some basses like that?
                              Yeah, I remember something like that. He always had some back door projects going somewhere or were just done for fucks sake type of thing.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X