No announcement yet.

new pro dinky DK2, anyone played yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the bad squealing feedback. Don't know why or how, but it works. Many of my old dimarzios squealed until I put foam under them. A couple still do but it helped a lot. Supposedly it has something to do w the pickup itself vibrating freely.

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
      That foam idea is ingenious. I'm gonna have to get some. For some reason on one guitar they rock a lot and it will actually tilt so bad that it hits the string sometimes. Don't want to lower it much more tho
      To me, that sounds like your pickups are too close.
      I think the old adage is two quarters away when holding down the highest fret.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        To me, that sounds like your pickups are too close.
        I think the old adage is two quarters away when holding down the highest fret.
        Some pickups just rock a little too much. My Hamer's neck pickup did that, so I put foam under it. I think it might have had more to do with its springs than anything else, because it would rock no matter how high or low it was.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am talking about him hitting the strings.
          The screw is there preventing it from randomly going higher, so if it rocks/tilts and hits the pickups, doesn't it have to be too close?

Comment

Maybe (especially if it's the bridge pickup), but not necessarily. If he plays aggressively and hits the pickup with his hand, it can tilt back and forth but be at a normal height before tilting. My Hamer did pretty much the same thing on its neck pickup, it would pop up above the edge of the neck and be real close to the strings; though it didn't actually hit the strings, just rocked a lot.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll try and remember to take a pic later but to me it doesn't seem unreasonably high, but it does seem to have unreasonable wobble.
              Yes Toejam, it's the bridge, and it doesn't hit the strings all the time so it could be only when I'm playing aggressively
              Last edited by TKEblue; 06-11-2015, 05:51 PM.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

as you see 2 quarters fit, with no string contact closest to the bridge, but contact towards the front. also, i wasnt applying much pressure in second pic. they do not tilt much other direction

Really if I lower it much more it'll be below the top of the ring lol
                Last edited by TKEblue; 06-11-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

but its 2 quarters when pressing the last fret.
                  you are showing two quarters on open strings

Comment

Ah my bad my bad, was at work when i read it. I lowered it, put two quarters on and raised it to the point the strings touched them while holding the 24th fret and it still touches the string but not by much. And when I say I'm not adding much pressure I mean I'm barely more than touching them. Lol The weight of a quarter will even tilt it. If I shake the guitar you hear them wobble. Have even removed them to make sure something isn't wrong hah, never tough of foam tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X