Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Dinky-style body

Greetings,

I have been a Les Paul guy since starting to play guitar a few years ago. I love my LPs but I've always been a fan of Jackson guitars (a big Leppard fan). When it came to finally getting a guitar with a Floyd, I've been cautious. My first attempt with an Ibanez ZR trem was a disaster and I quickly sold it. I came upon a Dinky DXMG at a steal and I love the neck. I love the Dinky style body and it's refreshingly different than my LPs.

I'm looking for a replacement body that I can turn into a PC-1 like guitar. I searched through the forum, did diligent Google search and contacted Warmoth, KNE and tried to contact Mojobodies. I was really excited to find out that Slash is a member here. I tried emailing him but haven't heard back. Most posts are a few years old.

So, the point of my post: I've been told it's hard to fit a Jackson neck on a Strat-intended replacement body. Warmoth told me that their neck cavities aren't the same size as a Jackson and that 24 frets makes it even more problematic. I was hoping someone here maybe able to guide me on this journey. This is my ultimate project guitar.

This is my first post. Please be gentle.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard.

Contact USA Custom Guitars. They offers Dinky bodies with a 2 1/4" wide pocket and may be able to handle a 24 fret neck.

Good luck.

Comment

I'll put a plug in for Tommy at USA also, Did an amazing job on a dinky with a 5A quilt top. Pics of it are on the customer section start bodies. It's the Teal one with a Pickguard and finished by Dan Lawrence

Comment

I just received a mahogany dinky body from kne. Really nice body and quality wood.
        Mated very nicely with a model 2 neck.

About to oil it with tru oil today.

Comment

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Musikraft will make them, I ordered a couple of bodies from them yrs back nice stuff

Comment

So, USA told me that their bodies don't work with Jackson necks. I'm very confused.

I would love to help you out on this Neema but unfortunately our parts are not compatible with the Jackson stuff. Sorry!

Thanks for the inquiry though and have a good one!

Tommy
              Last edited by nmagha; 06-09-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmagha View Post
                So, USA told me that their bodies don't work with Jackson necks. I'm very confused.
                nothing to be confused about. They don't make bodies for 24 fret necks.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

Comment

Working...
                  X