Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which model is this Jackson Guitar? - (cant find specification about it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which model is this Jackson Guitar? - (cant find specification about it)

Hello. I would like to know which model is this Jackson, and to know about its specifications, wood, hardware, etc. I haven't found info anywhere . Well, I received this guitar as a gift, I guess it was back in 2002/2003.The serial number is: 9709243

I would like to know technical aspects as well, if possible. Thank you very much.

I think is a Japanese model.
    Here are some pictures:

Well, I've made some modifications, changed both pickups and included two pickup selector switches. The rest is pretty much the same.

Last edited by Makken; 09-23-2015, 07:46 AM.

You need to host the pictures somewhere like photobucket.com and link to them. Also, you somehow posted in a dark font instead of the default white. Did you copy/paste from somewhere else, or change font color yourself? Here's the text in readable form for anybody else:

Hello. I would like to know which model is this Jackson, and to know about its specifications, wood, hardware, etc. I haven't found info anywhere . Well, I received this guitar as a gift, I guess it was back in 2002/2003.The serial number is: 9709243

I would like to know technical aspects as well, if possible. Thank you very much.

I think is a Japanese model.
    Here are some pictures:

Well, I've made some modifications, changed both pickups and included two pickup selector switches. The rest is pretty much the same.

Comment

Gonna' need pics. Yes, that's a Japanese number for 1997 or 2003ish.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

the links :

Comment

Here are his images.

Comment

js30

Comment

What's different about this JS30?
              It's one of the few JS guitars made in Japan. This one is around 2003-4.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Do you have any information about what are the woods that were used in this guitar?

Comment

They're listed as being alder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    They're listed as being alder.
                    Oh nice. Because in some web-sites I found that it is Indian Cedar. If you have any further information, please send me! thank you

Comment

The 2003 catalogue says alder, but catalogues contain errors.
                      That JS30 is only one of a small number of JS series models made in Japan. They were Japanese for a short time before moving to India where the other JS series models were already being made.
                      To my knowledge, and according to the catalogues and many threads on this board, the Japanese models were alder and the Indian models were Indian cedro.

Comment

That JS30 is only one of a small number of JS series models made in Japan. They were Japanese for a short time before moving to India where the other JS series models were already being made.
                        To my knowledge, and according to the catalogues and many threads on this board, the Japanese models were alder and the Indian models were Indian cedro.

So, as my Jackson has the "Made in Japan" sticker on the back of the neck, the body wood must be Alder! many thanks.

Comment

btw. Can you send me this catalogue?

Comment

At the bottom of the page click catalogs.

Comment

Working...
                            X