Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Y2KV asking price...

Don't worry. This is not a sales add
    As I am in Scandinavia, there is no point in me listing it here.

It has been a while since I saw one for sale, so I just want to get up to speed. What is the usual price range for these in the US?
    It is a black one, with a case. All original. Pretty good condition, some small belt scratches on the back is all I can think of at the moment.

If you dont take her, i would like to do it.
    US i think 2000-2300 usd.

Comment

Well, I am the one in possession of it, so I kind of debate if i'm gonna keep it or not

Thanks for the input

Comment

Best way is to put it on Ebay with a starting bid equal to the last one that went in an auction (not Buy It Now, and not Best Offer). Open bidding is your best chance to get the highest price for it.

However, being in Scandinavia, US bidders will want free shipping, and for a Y2KV in the big ass original case and a shipping carton fully insured for replacement value, that's expensive.
        They're also still playing "the economy card" over here, and will try to beat you up on the price so they can go online and brag about how they got a rare guitar for cheap.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc.
          Might be my bad skills on ebay, but I can't find anything on the Y2KV :P Feel free to enlighten me if you bother

For shipping to the US, it will be approx $100-120. Europe about $60-70 it seems. Need to verify that once I decide what to do.

Comment

I see them on eBay from time to time and they rarely sell for more than what Newc said - unless they're a rare color. Really, it seems like there are two that are on there every year. One is a trans red mahogany and the other a white refin. I try to keep an eye on them since there aren't really very many out there and I have a few.
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slashaxl View Post
              Thanks Newc.
              Might be my bad skills on ebay, but I can't find anything on the Y2KV :P Feel free to enlighten me if you bother

For shipping to the US, it will be approx $100-120. Europe about $60-70 it seems. Need to verify that once I decide what to do.
              Shipping a KV-2 in the case and a WR-1 in the case (and cartons) to Germany was $200 each via USPS/EMS, if I recall (UPS wouldn't touch them), and shipping Dinky-sized models in Dinky-sized cases and cartons from Japan was $120 each time. Given the size of the Y2KV case, and the weight, I'm pretty sure it's going to be close to $200-$220 to ship from Europe.

If none are shown in the Completed listings on Ebay, that means none have been sold recently, which makes it hard to put the right price on.

As for a price, the last time I saw the import version sell on Ebay, it went for over $1200, and that had a bolt-on neck with a rosewood fretboard. I'd ask twice that for a USA neckthrough as an opening bid.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hi Newc,
                Thank you again

I just called out postal company, and got the correct price, and it will be a little bit over $100, so not so bad. With todays exchangerate it will be about $106 for shipping to the US, and about $65 for shipping to Europe.

So it is not that bad in my opinion. I pay that much to get a Strat type guitar shipped from the US.

Comment

You don't want a Y2KV-B, unless you want to just hang it on your wall. I'd hold out for a USA version. I have both.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  As for a price, the last time I saw the import version sell on Ebay, it went for over $1200, and that had a bolt-on neck with a rosewood fretboard. I'd ask twice that for a USA neckthrough as an opening bid.

Comment

It's a Y2KV on Reverb that has been listed for more than a year. It's currently priced at USD 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                      You don't want a Y2KV-B, unless you want to just hang it on your wall. I'd hold out for a USA version. I have both.
                      Agreed. I had one. Needing a Floyd was the least of its problems :P

Comment

Yeah, what about a Y2KV with Floyd?
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I've only ever seen one and that was when I was in the studio with Mustaine when he was recording The System Has Failed.

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          Yeah, what about a Y2KV with Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                            I've only ever seen one and that was when I was in the studio with Mustaine when he was recording The System Has Failed.
                            Good, since you're so close to Mustaine can do me a favor? I bought 2 sets of Mustaine livewire pups , they came with those 100k pots that you can not find ANYWHERE! , one set the pots were good, the other duds , Seymour Duncan says they do not offer the pots separate from the pickup sets and would not make em right, I tried their support number, website, facebook to resolve the issue ( this is a few yrs old now, but I still got em and I'm still pissed) so let em know they are selling shit products with no support or replacement materials with his name on it and fucking his FANS! Appreciate it, \m/ Megadeth rules!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2447955
                            Last edited by Jackson8090s; 08-11-2015, 12:01 AM.
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Can you send me pics of the bad pots? I'll try and help you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X