No announcement yet.

Jackson Y2KV asking price...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I threw em away, they were bad, but I kept the pickups because I tested them with the other set I bought and they worked... so I have a spare set of pups no pots. would you like a picture of the spare set of pups? I bought em for my son man, when they got here and were duds he was bum'd, and didn't get any resolve, so I just bought another set , that's his guitar. Thanks for reaching out.
    Last edited by Jackson8090s; 08-11-2015, 12:29 AM.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Thing is I was willing to pay for just new 100k pots , like I said just no customer service or support for the product. It's still that way, I still call and ask every now and again.
      I'm not trying to bash Seymour Duncan, but that just left me with "ashes in my mouth" really thanks for anything you could do.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I got a VMNT1 the first year they came out, and had a volume pot crap out on me real quickly. I had a local shop who I thought was an authorized Dean dealer/repair shop put in a new one (turned out they no longer were dealing with Dean). I emailed Dean a copy of my invoice, and they actually sent me a check to pay for the pot and work done, and they also sent me a T-shirt. That's awesome customer service!
        I didn't bother going through Duncan, but that sucks they wouldn't help.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I got a VMNT1 the first year they came out, and had a volume pot crap out on me real quickly. I had a local shop who I thought was an authorized Dean dealer/repair shop put in a new one (turned out they no longer were dealing with Dean). I emailed Dean a copy of my invoice, and they actually sent me a check to pay for the pot and work done, and they also sent me a T-shirt. That's awesome customer service!
          I didn't bother going through Duncan, but that sucks they wouldn't help.
          Those Dave Mustaine livewires did not come factory in that guitar, it had some cheap factory pickups in it and my son was not happy with the tone those delivered, he loved the guitar and the graphic, so he had earned good grades and I offered to get him a set of the Dave Mustaine Livewires as a reward, the pickups came, my brother installed them in the guitar, tested em, nothing, double and triple checked everything with the online schematic , called Seymour Duncan tech, went over everything, still nothing, called back asked for 100k pots because they were not available on the website, told the pots are not available separately from the pickup sets, thinks WE damaged pots during installation, says just get 25k pots like ya would for EMG's those will work. WELL FUCK THAT! So , I go online and order ANOTHER SET of Dave Mustaine Livewires, we get them, install em work perfectly! Then take em back out and put the other set in , WORK PERFECTLY , so it was just bad pots. I've called back several times , facebooked em, checked the website to see if they offer em and they do not. It was just the point that they came with 100k pots and that's all I wanted them to replace , not a refund, not a new set, I even offered to pay for the pots. If you're going to produce a product at least support it with replacement parts, pots go bad all the time, I've even got bad pots new from emg, you know what they did, no questions asked sent me new pots, I can get pots for every other pickup in any guitar I own just like the ones they installed with, just not for the livewires, and that's my beef. I have since this experience just decided that I will not buy anymore Duncan pickups. Hence me trading that TB4 &5 set away to Johnny on the site for a set of EMG's
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I see. That really does suck they didn't come through for you. Don't know why they wouldn't replace/sell the 100k pots separately for their own pickups that need them. I'd be pissed and wouldn't deal with them again if they did that shit to me, also.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
              I've only ever seen one and that was when I was in the studio with Mustaine when he was recording The System Has Failed.
              Right, and I own it now. Silver sparkle, with Floyd:

Me back in 2009 shortly after I acquired it:

Last edited by charvel750; 08-11-2015, 11:51 PM.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
              X