lightest weight jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightest weight jacksons

Can someone recommend me some of the lighter weight Jacksons? Looking for under 6 lbs if possible.

I had an SLS that was pretty light. Not sure if it was under 6lbs as I don't weigh my guitars, but it was light.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My DR3 was rather light.
      My PS2 was light, but I think heavier than the DR3.

Certainly, you want to stay away from a Soloist. They come in between 9 and 10.
      My DKMG was not a feather weight. But nowhere near as heavy as the Soloist.

Basically, you want the cheap import stuff.
      The weight usually goes up once they start using wood instead of particle board.

Comment

Used Jackson Stealth EX....

Comment

i just bought a JS32 and it is the lightest dinky shape body i ever held. not sure if it is less than 6 pounds but it came in 3 boxes with a ton of packaging and some extra hardware and the whole package was right at 8 pounds. ill try to weigh it when i get home and chime back in

Comment

I'd be surprised if you find anything under 6, from Jackson anyway. My lightest guitar is my JS22-7 at 3.2kg/7.05lbs, then my JS32T Warrior at 4kg. Anything better than that is considerably heavier.

Why the need for a guitar made out of paper, do you have an injury? Those 2 I mentioned are really light & have a zero fatigue factor, hope that helps.

Comment

My '94 Dinky HX is very light (probably under 6 pounds). It's made of poplar, which can vary with its weight.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

SLS3 is probably the lightest one I've ever had, but it's got a baseball bat neck, so if you're a scrawny runt and have puny hands, you're SOL.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i thought the cow6 was superlight although thats partially why i sold it. felt like a toy.
                  the dkmg is heavy
                  dxmgt was pretty light.

what pickup config are you looking for?

Comment

Like Blood Splatter said - a Jackson Stealth - super light, very well made - shoot for an early 90's Pro if you can find one.

Comment

Yeah, the Stealth is light. Felt TOO light and toy-like to me.
                      My KEXTMG is quite light, but not annoyingly so.
                      SL3 weighs a ton!
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Picked up a js32 natural dinky a few months back. Easily the lightest guitar I ever played. Feels like a feather compared to my DKMG which is the same shape and everything.

Comment

I have a Jackson Kevin Bond Rhoads that weighs about 5.2 lbs.

Comment

Another nomination for the sls model( s ).
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Probably not what you are thinkin of but a Jackson Jazz'r is way less than 6lbs.

Here's one on the left...

Comment

Working...
                              X