Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Jackson Dk2 Serial number

Hello to everyone,

I am new to the forum.I recently acquired a used Jackson Dinky 2 guitar with H-S-S pickup format.its the first Jackson i see and own and i noticed that nowhere indicates the model of the guitar.At the headstock there is only the Jackson logo.At the back of the guitar at the metal plate there is the serial number which is 9778935.So what infos can i take just from this serial number?

There should be a stamp on the heel of the neck (take it off the body) that indicates the model and the year.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newcenstein.I think we spoke today morning at the Seymour Duncan forum for the pickups.Pfff so i have to take off the neck again?Hmmm.What infos can i take from the serial number?

Comment

The serial indicates made in Japan either 1997 or 2006ish, depending on which model you have.
        If it's a DK2 with black hardware and Seymour Duncans it would be 2006ish.

Removing the neck will give the year/month/day of manufacture and model. Or, you could post a pic here... but you first need to load them on a photo sharing site such as photobucket or tinypic and then copy the link(s) here.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Hey to all

My Jackson just arrived from service.I post some photos.

Comment

Congratulations. That would be a Japanese made 2006-7 DK2.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you man.

Comment

Working...
              X