Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of jackson did rusty cooley used to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of jackson did rusty cooley used to play?

Hi. I own several rusty cooley dvds where he played a jackson (before switching to dean). Can someone tell me what modelsl(s) he used to play in clips like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Eo1bXom2I

Originally posted by Gregocide View Post
    Hi. I own several rusty cooley dvds where he played a jackson (before switching to dean). Can someone tell me what modelsl(s) he used to play in clips like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Eo1bXom2I
    I believe it was a soloist style 7 string made custom for him. IIRC it had his name on the headstock. I remember when it was for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
      I believe it was a soloist style 7 string made custom for him. IIRC it had his name on the headstock. I remember when it was for sale.
      I vaguely remember him selling it too. If only i had the funds together at that time. I also read about a collector on the internet trying to track it down to buy it for a lot of money.

Do you remember when Rusty was endorsing ibanez shortly after he parted with his jackson? HA, that lasted about a week at most.

I used to own an RC7X and hated how thin the neck was. It's so thin that I think I'd even avoid one of his USA Dean models. I'm usually not too picky about neck shapes either. I used to think the neck thinness was the secret to the wide interval stuff he pulls off. didn't work for me though!! I guess I just need more practice.

I really like the look of the long sharp looking jackson headstocks. The guitar I just ordered (my first jackson) has more of a pointed headstock. Who knows, maybe I'll get a soloist some day.

Comment

Or a Warrior or Kelly
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2447965
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Gregocide View Post
          I vaguely remember him selling it too. If only i had the funds together at that time. I also read about a collector on the internet trying to track it down to buy it for a lot of money.

Do you remember when Rusty was endorsing ibanez shortly after he parted with his jackson? HA, that lasted about a week at most.

I used to own an RC7X and hated how thin the neck was. It's so thin that I think I'd even avoid one of his USA Dean models. I'm usually not too picky about neck shapes either. I used to think the neck thinness was the secret to the wide interval stuff he pulls off. didn't work for me though!! I guess I just need more practice.

I really like the look of the long sharp looking jackson headstocks. The guitar I just ordered (my first jackson) has more of a pointed headstock. Who knows, maybe I'll get a soloist some day.
          I flirted with the idea of buying it. It went for between 3 and 4 grand IIRC.

Comment

I appologize big time for posting this in the wrong section of the forum!

Comment

Working...
            X