Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Jackson Stars shaped guitar

Hi.
    Recently joined a WASP tribute band in UK.
    Desperatly looking for Chris Holmes shaped jackson. (Stars I believe).
    Searched eBay worldwide, and on Google, and there is very little in UK.

I`m now thinking of a few options.
    Can a body from a ESP LTD GUS-200 Blk fit a Jackson Neck?
    Can a destroyer body be adapted to look like a stars shape with some trimming?

Postage and import duty makes buying a guitar from USA impractical.
    Hope someone can help?

OK, got some dimensions.
    Gus G guitar.

ESP LTD GUS-200 Features:
    Bolt-On Construction
    25.5" Scale
    Basswood Body
    Maple Neck
    Rosewood Fingerboard
    42mm Standard Nut
    Thin U Neck Contour
    22 XJ Frets
    Last edited by Eddierocks; 09-20-2015, 07:06 AM.

A 22 fret Charvel Model series neck might fit on the LTD body, assuming ESPee still copies Jackson's specs.

EVH hacked up a Destroyer into a Star, as seen on the cover of Women And Children First. However, he also said the guitar was tonally dead after that.

You might get by with a Charvel Desolation Star. Those should be available in the UK.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      A Charvel Desolation Star would be ideal, only one on eBay is from USA and postage etc is more than the guitar, and they were discontinued so dealers dont stock them.
      Just my luck the band member I`m "copying" uses the rarest shape i`ve ever come across.

Comment

What about looking for just the star body in the US and shipping it over? A Charvel DST3 body could be a good option to start with. Or you could possibly order a star body from someone like KNE Guitars.

http://www.kneguitars.com/rad_bod.php

I've heard they are pretty good to work with. If you already have a neck or know what you want to use, you can talk to them about the specs of the neck pocket to make sure it fits. Have that body shipped over to you and then have it painted and assembled. Just a thought.

Comment

You could allways get a cheap beat up Rhoads, he played quite alot on those as well.
          If you go for a Jap you can get one quite cheap but still acceptable quality, but if you want it to look correct you will need to fix the correct bridge and a paint job. The vast majority of used Jap Rhoads probably has a Floyd (RR3) or the string through body bridge (RR5).

Comment

Working...
          X