Jackson dinky - serial 650013569

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dinky - serial 650013569

Does anyone know when and where this Jackson Dinky manufactured?

It's gift to me and i know it's used i just want to know

serial is 650013569.

Thanks!

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE PICS...

http://s827.photobucket.com/user/par...dia/slideshow/

I appreciate all your info! Being that this is a gift, i would like to make sure that my Dad didn't get a bad deal.
    Last edited by Atum; 09-21-2015, 08:33 AM.

That number format was used on mid-'90s, probably '96, made in Taiwan JS series models. JS1, perhaps?
    Pics would be helpful in determining if you have an original model or a mutt.

If you post pics you first need to load them on a site such as photobucket or tinypic and then copy the links here.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Hey! Thanks man!

here are the links for the pics. hope it's clear enough, I was just wondering if this is an all original because the neckplates on the bolt-on-neck does not have the "Jackson logo and the serial number. It's just a sticker on behind the head.

http://www.jcfonline.com/entries/86-...RIAL-650013569
      Last edited by Atum; 09-20-2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

hey! Mudlark thanks for the info, here are the photos of the guitar, i was just unsure maybe this is a mutt cause the neckplate is just a plate which is supposedly just for Jackson Juniors. So i'm leaning towards that this is a mutt? Maybe i'm wrong please check them out!

http://s827.photobucket.com/user/par...dia/slideshow/

Thanks

Atum K

Comment

Exclusively made for Musician's Friend Dinky Reverse. That weird switch placement and the 24th fret inlay is the giveaway. They also made another model with dot inlays.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw one of those MF runs on ebay recently, but I don't recall the model name. It`s a JS series, though.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think there was a JS-20 from MF around that time, but it had a standard fulcrum trem.
              I did have a MF catalog with the guitar from this thread and it was just called the JD-R (Jackson Dinky Reverse), and it was available with dot inlays as well as sharks, and the cheap JT500 Floyd, I believe. I also owned one of those bodies at one point.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah, gotcha.

Comment

Got it! lemme see how much these could run... maybe a $120?

Comment

You're in the ballpark in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X