Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to identify

Thanks for letting me into your club.

Usually, even I wouldn't allow someone of my ill repute to be a member of such a fine establishment

I have a Jackson Charvel #226858

It's got two single coil pick ups at neck and middle, and a humbucker at the bridge. Is it a Floyd rose bar, or ? Nice sounding guitar, plays well, slight buzz at 14 th fret.
    Any input as to when it was made? I assume it's an import.
    Thanks

welcome to the he-man woman haters club.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Someone will help you identify it, you 'll need pics of the guitar, you'll have to use a site like Photobucket , then just paste the link for the guitars image right in the message body of your post. Also it has a Floyd Rose Tremolo System not a Floyrose bar . I'm not sure what to tell you about your buzz, I'd take it in to a trusted guitar shop for a setup. If I was there it'd take just seconds to fix it up. Enjoy the axe! , and again welcome to the boards
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by clamps View Post
        I have a Jackson Charvel #226858

It's got two single coil pick ups at neck and middle, and a humbucker at the bridge. Is it a Floyd rose bar, or ? Nice sounding guitar, plays well, slight buzz at 14 th fret.
        Any input as to when it was made? I assume it's an import.
        Thanks
        That would be a Model 4, circa 1986. Made in Japan. Should have a flatmount Kahler trem
        Hail yesterday

Comment

But if they think it is a FR, it is probably a Jt6.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            I'll try to download a picture today.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              possibly. I took a punt with a serial that early that it would be an '86. Particularly as clamps seems vague on what type of bridge it might be. But you may be right, if it's later it will have the JT-6 (assuming it's all original)
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                That would be a Model 4, circa 1986. Made in Japan. Should have a flatmount Kahler trem

You are correct, it is a Kahler Trem. I have it at my workshop at was trying to go from memory.

Pictures to follow, just having problems downloading them.

Thanks for your help, folks.

Comment

Working...
                X