RANDY ROADS RLOYDE ROSE PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANDY ROADS RLOYDE ROSE PROBLEM

i have a RR with a FR licinced trem,it will not stay tuned,and just know a freind suggested that the trems' srews that hold the springs and lossing up,becuase the trem has worked its way from parralel to ann angle,not much but its efects tuning,im thinking its excessive dive bombs and such and its worked the screws loos,i had the guitar up for 10's ,it came with 9's..is this a problamal cuase?...note i can't spell [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: RANDY ROADS RLOYDE ROSE PROBLEM

Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads...
    Rhoads.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Wow Big Butch dude!! You really can't spell worth a sh!t HUH!!! You should become an ebay seller!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I think Randy, as well as most of the english teachers in the world would really be insulted by your post. May I suggest this website for you?
      http://www.hop.com/index_11.jhtml?cid=1522

I think this would be a good start. Just trying to help bro.... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

jeez .. he even apologizes for not being able to spell... The whole point of the forum is to help people.. lighten up
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Have you been using it for a long time doing those divebombs or did you buy it used? The knife edges on the Floyd or the trem posts may have worn down causing tuning instability. You can remove the trem and ispect it for wear. The licenced trems usually wear out faster than real Floyds.

While you do this, also check to see if the bushings for the trem posts are sitting tightly and flush in the guitar. One of the posts in my RR-X has gotten loose, and this caused tuning troubles after the whammy-games for me.

I doubt there's any problem with the screws for the spring claw (they're usually not a problem). Try tightening them half a turn or so and retune your guitar to see if the bridge levels out.

'bane

Comment

Go back to 9s or have someone who knows how to set a guitar up get you adjusted for the 10s.

Bigger strings means more tension. That means the springs that hold the floyd in place need to be adjusted.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

its a new guitar ,got it 1 1/2 months ago,i got it proff setup in pensacola for 55 bucks (outstanding price).....

it was leavel when i got it back but has made its way up to a slight angel witch ive had to retune twice in the last 3 weeks...i dunno im gonna take here apater and check for were,i would figure it would hold up longer,my FRL on my dinky has never gave me trouble,but i guess its gpot less abuse..must stop tem use,im takin the bar off when i get it level again

Comment

And remember guys, we have a number of non-USA members, some of whom have English language deficiencies. At least we got the point from the post.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hmm, that's kinda odd. Maybe the trem springs are stretching? I've never heard of that happening before though... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I assume you're sure that the guitar is tuned to pitch. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

lmao im from the usa...im just lazy,ill put more pep in my typing..but i opened the tem cover and it only has 2 springs,space for 3 more,there angled like this /\....im wondering is something is up with this? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                      jeez .. he even apologizes for not being able to spell... The whole point of the forum is to help people.. lighten up
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I WAS trying to help, but maybe in a way I felt more important than trying to answer his actual question. I turned him on to an educational site didn't I? I guess I was a little sarcastic about it though, and I apologize for that. It just seemed to me that he needed help with other things besides just guitar troubles. It's strange that we are quick to ignore basic educational deficiencies in favor of the more mundane things in life that really don't matter in our society. Do you realize how many high school graduates don't even have basic reading and writing skills?? It really upsets me, not at the students, but at the teachers whom we are paying our hard earned tax dollars to help train our children!
                      Man, I really don't want to start a debate about this bro, and maybe this guy is from a different country and doesn't speak fluent english (which is totally understandable) but I guess it just hit a sore spot in me. I'm really sorry if I offended anybody, but I have children in school and every day I meet incompetent teachers that don't give a sh!t about our children (while drawing a paycheck off my ass) and for what??
                      Sorry guys, you know I don't raise hell here very often but.........
                      Mark

Comment

Oh, OK, I just read the last post from mr. Big Butch...your excuse is LAZY??? Yeah, I'll tell you something, it's the laziness of your generation that's going to be the demise of our country bro. You just go on being lazy and see where it gets you!
                        I hate lazy ass MF's!!
                        ....anyway, now back to guitars.....

Comment

Hey, MM, I'm an extremely underpaid teacher. Not sure why you've come into contact with so many incompetent teachers out there, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of them are not lazy and incompetent. It's a noble profession, and a dying one too. People who have college degrees in my field of expertise are in private enterprise making triple what I do. But I love what I do, and I know I am making a difference. 9 times out of 10 it's the students' fault, not the teachers' fault for failure. We have lost the family and the strength of its morals, values, and success. Many of our students are academically strong, and honestly try hard, but the support from home of many is below par. I blame the breakdown of the traditional family for the flaws, not the teachers. Perhaps you should too.

[ September 28, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: charvel750 ]
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

sorry about the lazyness...ahhummm..

ok a little about my self and generation,whats my generation?how about this,im from alabama surrounded by white trash and ghettos,im 18,kicked out of school at 15,ged at 16(yea yea i did not have the money for privite school and all that good junk)i've been on my own since the day i got kicked out,before that was hell anyways.

i have a 2 year degree from alabama southren,im currently at reid state tecnical for electronics..

i also work 50 hours aweek,own a paid for house(not mobile home),a 91 towncar,85 pontiac parisin,and a 89 chevey 1500,and ive paid for school becuase i can't get a fed or state pail grant due to my parents who make to much money even though ive been own my own since 15...

but back to the subject at hand...my floyd rose.

2 springs sound right?

Comment

I'd use at least 3 springs for the Floyd. I don't see how anyone can really use two, as it makes the Floyd feel too loose to me. I usually use 4 or 5 springs anyway (with 10-46 gauge strings), as I like more tension and the stiffer feel of the Floyd.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X