30th Anniversary Soloist Bottom Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th Anniversary Soloist Bottom Line

What's the bottom line on the 30th Anniversary Soloist? Are there any issues with the guitar for those who have one?

It's a Shannon Soloist. It's basically a throwback to the 80's build style.

Do you like the older features? Binding over fret ends, three piece neck, the heel shape, the layout, the silkscreen SD logo and the non-recessed Floyd?

If you like the features, they're awesome. If you don't, not so much. You should be able to find out a lot more if you google Shannon Soloist. They're generally very well regarded.

Edit: Would I pay $4400 for one? No. I wouldn't pay full custom price for a guitar that I didn't spec myself. If all the specs are what you like, or want a brand new yellow Shannon, then yeah, that's really the only way to get one unless you're willing to wait for one of the older ones to come up. Those are usually limited to a few colors though... black, blue ghost flames... slime green and white are exceptionally rare.
    Last edited by xenophobe; 10-02-2015, 04:36 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm a die hard Jackson guitar guy. Is there anything really different from the 30th compared to the soloist today?

Comment

Yes, they're different.

Binding over fret ends, three piece neck, the heel shape, the layout, the silkscreen SD logo and the non-recessed Floyd?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
        X