Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help dating this guitar..and spec if known.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help dating this guitar..and spec if known.

Hi folks,

i recently bought a Jackson Dinky DXMG second hand but in mint condition. Its Japanese made as the sticker on the back says but i am not sure of an approx date of manufacture. The specs i see online are only for the new models which i believe are now made in India. If you know the body/neck material or any other info that would be great and thanks in advance.

Cheers
    H

Pics..

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/D4rkHorizon/image.jpg2_zpsbuxi96ob.jpg[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/D4rkHorizon/image.jpg1_zpshi3iyevw.jpg[/COLOR]

Comment

What's the serial?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I tried to post pics but i think the submission is with an admin it says.

s/n 9795823

cheers

Comment

Comment

That number would be about 2007. Body is basswood, maple neck and a JT500 tremolo according to the 2006 catalogue.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Awesome. Cheers mate.

Comment

If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket.

Comment

By that pic, looks like a takeuchi 580

Comment

Working...
                  X