been MIA i guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been MIA i guess

Havent been around much but i thought id drop by. 3 forums i frequent and in the last 3 or 4 months, i have only been going to the SD forum.. kinda burnt out i guess.. even been staying away from the small generalnonsense forum.. and several of those members are like family to me.. seriously.. how do some of ya keep track of several forums..

i posted this on the SD forum and thought id post it here as well.

A few weeks ago I modded my main/favorite guitar for what I hope is the last time and thought id share

I shielded the cavities throughout with shielding tape,added a DMT tone and rewired her. Now she has a modified version of an andy timmons wiring scheme.. with the addition of a kill switch,volume bypass, DMT tone, and a neck always on mod, and added 2 solid p/u covers.. i still need to find my back cover and shield it and put that on but she is done

Came together really good except for a blunder or two..i HATE when i havent worked on projects for awhile then work on something.. i always make stupid mistakes.. correctable but still.. time is lost. this time was no different. in any case, she is complete..
    the wiring diagram i drew up..some grounds are not illustrated before anyone says anything

and the actual wiring

GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

I feel you. I've been MIA for much of this past year due to business with school and fraternal obligations, and just didn't keep up with J/C much. Nevertheless it feels good to be back and I hope you feel that same way!

Do you have pics of said guitar?
    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
    ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
    Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
    Blackstar Soloist HT60
    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
    Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyApocalypse View Post
      I feel you. I've been MIA for much of this past year due to business with school and fraternal obligations, and just didn't keep up with J/C much. Nevertheless it feels good to be back and I hope you feel that same way!

Do you have pics of said guitar?
      thx.. like i never dropped out for a bit lol

what guitar are you referring too.. ?
      GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's

Comment

Did you ever check the stamps in the pocket on that Indian/Japan guitar, Brandenburg?
        There was yet another one of those 2001 Indian serial'd DK2's on here very recently and that one had odd markings in the pocket similar to an Indian made guitar.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Did you ever check the stamps in the pocket on that Indian/Japan guitar, Brandenburg?
          There was yet another one of those 2001 Indian serial's DK2's on here very recently and that one had odd markings in the pocket similar to an Indian made guitar.
          jury is still out., last month i put together a excel spreadsheet that is a parts list,spec sheet,work history log and personal opinions on the guitars in question.. i had footnotes and referenced to that which you speak of.. LOL i heard about this incident from a dude on the FB JCFonline page..thats also a member here.. not sure who

in all honesty.. i personally think its MIJ as the workmanship is really good and the guitar just resonates like its a well crafted instrument..if it was indian in origin.. they must of really been competent workers w/ excellent QC

here are some screenshots of the excel spreadsheet.. I was bored and when I do something, i try to NOT do it half ass.. so its pretty detailed which was the point

this pic shows the footnotes i was talking about.1st one.. the document is pretty large as i was very meticulous.. i just wanted a spec sheet that was at my fingertips on the guitars i owned.. it shortly thereafter mushroomed in scope ..

example of the work log
          GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
            i heard about this incident from a dude on the FB JCFonline page..thats also a member here.. not sure who
            I expect that's me.

I figure they're all Japanese too, but after seeing the last one with those strange markings in the cavity...:dunno:
            There's really no way anyone can be 100% certain aside from an employee or someone in the loop.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X