No announcement yet.

Identify a Jackson- Ontario 1991 made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify a Jackson- Ontario 1991 made?

Please help me to identify a Jackson.

I need to identify a Jackson. It´s original color was pink with 001192 serial number on backplate, j50bc, j30bc pickups, schaller floyd rose made in germany,

I found the SN at: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-MX/...erial-numbers/ it says its an USA bolt on from 1991 Ontario, it could be a genuine Ontario made jackson? USA made?

please check Facebook to see photos: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Check it in youtube:

The guitar looks like a legit Jackson.
    Are there any markings in the trem cavity, neck pocket or on the heel of the neck?
    Is it a USA? Looks like one. But it could be an made over import.
    That's the nasty thing about neck plates... they can be swapped.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      The guitar looks like a legit Jackson.
      Are there any markings in the trem cavity, neck pocket or on the heel of the neck?
      Is it a USA? Looks like one. But it could be an made over import.
      That's the nasty thing about neck plates... they can be swapped.
      Markings in the tremolo cavity? neck pocket? I don´t know, the guitar is not mine, i will ask the seller, he´s asking 570 USD with no case, is it worth for the price?

Thanks
      Last edited by mactaco1; 11-02-2015, 09:33 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Wow, great price. I'd pay that much for a quality import with that cool-ass graphic.

Yeah, looks real, but checking the cavities is the best advice. Does the headstock have the USA logo?
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Wow, great price. I'd pay that much for a quality import with that cool-ass graphic.

Yeah, looks real, but checking the cavities is the best advice. Does the headstock have the USA logo?

First of all: check cavities, ok? Does the headstock have the logo? no, it does not have the logo, all the guitar was repainted, headstock included, the original decal was replaced by a new one, i guess so! Thanks
          Last edited by mactaco1; 11-02-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I guess the bridge pickup is wired straight to the volume and always on? Because the switch is acting like a kill switch. It's supposed to have 3 separate switches to turn on and off each pickup.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That serial should make it a Fusion, assuming it's the original plate and the neck has not been swapped, though it's possible it may be a Dinky, as 001200 was the earliest production Dinky I know of.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Joe, that's exactly how they wired them, each pickup is on its own switch, so they are in essence 3 kill switches!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  Joe, that's exactly how they wired them, each pickup is on its own switch, so they are in essence 3 kill switches!
                  Oh, yeah! I had a brain fart for some reason. I did have a Model 6 at one time with the switches.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X