Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - What is This Exactly?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I'm new here. I've been trying to figure out what my guitar is forever. No one at Guitar Center seems to know what it is and they are only offering me $100 for it... -_- I think it's worth more than that but I really have no idea. I was hoping someone here could help. Please see the pictures here.

The serial number is 9642337. I tried looking it up but I can't find it. Not sure if I'm just incompetent or what lol.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you guys need to know anything else about it please let me know. I'm not really sure what information you need.

Thanks!

You're not "really sure what information we need?" How about a picture? The serial number alone doesn't really narrow it down except it's not a USA made Jackson. Body style? Pickups? Etc...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      You're not "really sure what information we need?" How about a picture? The serial number alone doesn't really narrow it down except it's not a USA made Jackson. Body style? Pickups? Etc...

Not to be a smartass but I did put a link with all the pictures in my original post. Here is the link again though...

Discover topics like Awesome, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like naMyegooBehT.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
        It does say please see the pictures here. Click the link on the word here. Grover Jackson model for the Japanese market (eventually turned into Jackson Stars). Not sure of the model name or number , though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Might be difficult finding the model without finding an old catalogue since those were released in Japan only. I'm fairly certain the GJ logo'd models were all '90s era, and 1996 may be the year of manufacture.

If you remove the neck you might possibly find date/model stamps inside.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

\m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Comment

It's a little difficult, on this site, to see linked words because they aren't colored or underlined automatically. Users need to do *something* themselves to make it look different.

**notice the difference between "linked words" and "*something*".

Comment

The default settings in our profiles is where you set the color of hyperlinked txt, by default text and hyperlinked text are invisible unless you make changes, highlight the page or move your cursor over txt while you read. But usually if somebody words a sentence like the OP did "Please see the pictures here" I instantly hover the words to find the link. His text appears on my screen as regular text...so I've not set my prefs to expose hyperlinked text either.
                  \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

no idea of the value but man it looks way cool...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That's a 2000-2001 Made in Japan model for the Japanese market only. Cool guitar, like all the binding and sharkies. Jackson Japan only used that color hardware in 2000-2001. $100 is an insult. I'd say it's worth around $300.

Comment

But it's GC, even if they knew what it was & it's worth, they're still gonna say $100, most guitar shops will do that.

Comment

The M.F. line was one of the low-end series. In Japan, you can get one of these for this price and maybe cheaper.

Comment

Regardless of a market value, when you try to sell something to a business for them to sell, they are going to offer you far far less.

Others have stated that it is a low end unit. The only thing that would raise its value is the fact that it was not available to buy in this part of the world -- but that only applies to a collector, not to a player.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. So everyone is pretty much confirming that it's a low end model guitar from Japan only. Mudlark, I have zero knowledge about taking apart or putting together guitars, I don't want to mess anything up. Unless you can convince me that nothing bad will happen I'd rather not lol. I see Lepard seems very certain that it's a 2000-2001 guitar but from this very limited data, it shows that the Grover Jackson guitars were only made through 1998. Does anyone know of or have any kind of catalog where I can look up when this guitar was made or any of the information about it? Like what kinds of woods were used, etc... Is there any other information you need?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X