Original sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original sin?

Who's brainchild was this? Most all the apparel and merchandise have this slogan attached to it. What do you guys think of it? I think it a little bit cheesy. Seriously, if they were going to come up with a slogan/motto for Jackson I think they could have done better. Thoughts?

Re: Original sin?

eh, i think it's okay... kinda sayin (to me, at least) that they were the first of the "metal guitars."

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yep. I agree with Sully. Randy was the first Jackson endorser, and he was sporting the "original" Jackson...

Comment

i liked the movie...lol
        no plot but lots of angelina [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

And perhaps an Ozzy reference; Ultimate Sin / Original Sin. No, RR didn't play on that album, but Ozzy is marketable and more popular today than ever.
          Who would have thought that his wife would have a talk show and his daughter actually record and tour?

Comment

Originally posted by Swillmaster:
            And perhaps an Ozzy reference; Ultimate Sin / Original Sin. No, RR didn't play on that album, but Ozzy is marketable and more popular today than ever.
            Who would have thought that his wife would have a talk show and his daughter actually record and tour?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was my thought the first time I saw this ad.

Comment

I agree that it's kinda cheesy - the Satanic/Sinful correlation is always a weak ploy and as a marketing tool tends to draw the same crowd every time - the relatively poor and unemployed (kids, slackers with big dreams and small jobs, etc). It's like the Goth series/marketing thing - these people cannot pay the money because they won't drop "the look" long enough to get a steady, good-paying job [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I don't know why they didn't take a more open-minded approach to the new ads and other marketing thing - I mean, the Skull in the Spade? Geez, are those days long gone or what? You wanna sell USA guitars to the people who have the money, not the dreamers and slackers who can only afford the lowest of the low-end models.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't look that far into it...my take on it was the original sin ad was reference to the Original Randy Rhoads Pinstripe which was the very first Jackson guitar ever created...nothing more...nothing less
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lantz:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Swillmaster:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was my thought the first time I saw this ad. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah same here..

I agree with what everyone else said, especially about the skull and spade haha.. I prefer the more simple and modern t-shirts, kinda out of the whole skulls, flames, and strippers thing..

Comment

Out of the stripper thing? Blasphemy!

Comment

hey now thats not what I meant [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I meant in terms of t-shirts, tattoo's, all that junk [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm dissapointed. I got out of the whole skull thing when I hit 22.

And that tagline sounds kinda wannabe lame to me..

sigh.. whats wrong with just plain "Jackson Guitars"

I suppose the ESP kiddies might find it "sick" But as an old (36) dude I'm passing on any Jackson/Charvel merchandise for now..

Comment

Working...
                        X