Jackson Kelly Star Ks2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Star Ks2

Hi, here in Mexico a guy is selling his Japanese Kelly star for $850, a kind of expensive for a guitar with cheap picups (duncan designed) It has hard case with no name on it, that was he told me! (it seems just like a jackson original hardcase), you can check it clicking the link below, a beutiful guitar. Any advise?
    http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/...a-del-2000-_JM

These don't come up often, so they hold their value pretty well. However, condition plays a large part, no matter how rare it is.

If the inside of the case is form-fitted for the body shape, it's most-likely a Jackson case. Not all Jackson SKB-style cases had a logo, but the proper case will only hold two shapes - Kelly Star and Rhoads. A traditional Kelly case will not have the extended cut for the top wing, and a Rhoads case won't have the extra cut for the front hump or front horn.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have 2 KS2's, each with original case. One case is your standard big plastic rectangle with the big Jackson logo. They other has no Jackson logo on it at all, no markings whatsoever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Newc;1639727]These don't come up often, so they hold their value pretty well. However, condition plays a large part, no matter how rare it is.

Jackson Jihadist : You mean, it´s a fair price? Thanks

Comment

Lepard, Thanks for comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mactaco1 View Post
            You mean, it´s a fair price? Thanks
            "Fair" is subjective. It's the only one available at the moment, and that's what the guy wants for it. It's up to him to decide how flexible he is on it. Keep it a couple of years and you've got a good chance of selling it for what you paid.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

While I would love for these things to be worth that much($850) since I own a couple, I think it is seriously overpriced. $500 would be all the money with the original case. You do have other factors though. It looks like you're in Mexico and finding a flametop KS2 in Mexico is most likely very, very hard. You can probably count the number of flametop KS2's in Mexico on one hand.

Also, consider this. They only made the Japanese KS2 model for 2 years only. After that it was moved to India or Indonesia(can't remember which) and renamed the KSXT. The Japanese KS2's are much better guitars than the KSXT's.

Comment

If you can't live without a KS, try to beat him down in price.
                If you end up paying $850 and the guitar plays/functions properly, it's no big deal. You'll certainly get your money's worth out of it for many years to come from enjoyment and knowing you have one of the 'rarer' imports.

Those Duncan Designed pups were on a lot of Pro Series models from the '90s until 2006, which is when most got an upgrade to real Seymour Duncans.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  While I would love for these things to be worth that much($850) since I own a couple, I think it is seriously overpriced. $500 would be all the money with the original case.
                  Have you tried selling one lately? What offers did you get?

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  If you can't live without a KS, try to beat him down in price.
                  This is artificial deflation of market value. Stop doing that. Pay the asking price so you'll get your asking price down the road.

Comment

That's a different way of looking at it. But, no thanks...my money is more important than 'the market'.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Have you tried selling one lately? What offers did you get?

OK, For Sale : $850 Jackson Kelly Star KS2, take your pick, Trans Red Flametop or Trans Blue Flametop, mint condition. Any buyers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        These don't come up often, so they hold their value pretty well. However, condition plays a large part, no matter how rare it is.

If the inside of the case is form-fitted for the body shape, it's most-likely a Jackson case. Not all Jackson SKB-style cases had a logo, but the proper case will only hold two shapes - Kelly Star and Rhoads. A traditional Kelly case will not have the extended cut for the top wing, and a Rhoads case won't have the extra cut for the front hump or front horn.
                        Camel Star?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          seriously overpriced

Agreed... $850?? ...for a bolt-on import?? ...oh fuck no!!

Comment

At the end of the description he says that the sale is only local, so I asume you are able to pick it up, and maybe give it a try.
                            And it actually says at the very end of the description that the price is open for consideration, in one word, negociable.

Hope it helps...

Comment

One of my favorite Jackson shapes. Would rather hold out (forever if need be) for a Jackson Stars version from Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X