Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing guitars with graphics outside of your home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
    Why did you buy it if you aren't going to show it off?
    I bought it because I like Soloists and Dinkys very much, the best playable guitars in my opinion. I got that DK1 for a very fair price and as I said that guitar was like new. I think that guy I bought it from kept in in the case for most of the time. If it was a black or other plain color DK1 I would't care. It is like a piece of art for me, I really like the airbrush.
    I once gigged with my SL1 and someone damaged it with a mic-stand leaving a big scratch like 5 cm long and 1 cm wide. It just damaged the clear coat and and since it is a black guitar so thats not such a big prob.
    I think I'll give it a try. If it gets damaged I can be mad about that when it hapenns

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      There's a few things to consider (some of which has already been touched on):

1. Playing a Pile-o-Skulls or Jenna Jameson isn't appropriate in a Gospel or Country band. So, one needs to consider the 'image' they are putting out.
      Oh I don't know, I'll bet the Jameson and Space Rape would totally score at Feminist parties
      and if those don't work, the Cock Dragon will surely make an impact
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        TRUTH!!!!! Lost a VERY high profile gig as a side-guy with a pop singer because I showed up for the closed audition with a holoflake SL-1. Tough lesson learned the hard way....
        You probably wouldn't want to play with a band like that anyway. I mean, if you got the chops, who gives a rat's hair what axe you're jamming on. They should want you to be noticed, the guitar is an integral part of the music and if you can play it well, that's all that matters. If they don't like it, you don't want 'em anyway.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          You probably wouldn't want to play with a band like that anyway. I mean, if you got the chops, who gives a rat's hair what axe you're jamming on. They should want you to be noticed, the guitar is an integral part of the music and if you can play it well, that's all that matters. If they don't like it, you don't want 'em anyway.
          A man's gotta eat.
          Being the background player keeps the lights on.

I had a gig with a rocker (not a pop star), I literally showed up for work every day like it was a 9-5. I had no creative input. I expressed nothing. I played the part I was instructed to play. Never strayed from the company line. It was a very robotic "did you want fries with that" type of environment --- but in leather and in front of thousands each night.
          Yes, I got to pull out my GID Frankenstein, but for the most part, I stayed in the background unnoticed with black, white, or red guitars.

Comment

Well, if you're good enough to get gigs like that, you're good enough to get the gig you want, so screw "keeping the lights on" because there would be so many opportunites for a better gig. I will admit, I played in a "business band" myself, bought every appliance in my house with the pay, but the music was gay, the gigs were dry/boring, and it was a company line thing too. Hated it, and to be honest, I'd give all those appliances back if I could have enjoyed myself in a better gig, which I did find a year later...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Unfortunately, there are a lot of 50 year olds living in their parents' basements that have that attitude. Not just musicians - every occupation. Holding out for the "right" position rather than taking what is available.

You found a decent gig a year later. But you would have lost your home if you went jobless for that year.

Comment

Working...
              X