Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me identify this guitar and find a neck to fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this guitar and find a neck to fit?

Hello all at JCF I'm new to this forum so hoping you can help me out. I'm the proud owner of a Charvel model 3 which I've just restored and love it. I've also acquired what I believe to be a Charvel Jackson MIJ DR3 HH but finding it very difficult to verify and would love to find the correct neck? It did come with a project neck that previous owner attempted to lengthen and fit but I'm not sure it if actually belongs to the guitar as it's very lose in the neck pocket and would need the fret board extended and refretted (mega $s or €s no doubt!).

Have tried to link photos from my Facebook account but not sure if you can open them so please let me know or advise best way to post photos on here? Think this new link might work as I set up an ad!!

Last edited by Enda; 02-14-2016, 06:25 PM.

Post the pictures to a free image hosting site, or your own personal domain, then link them here using the Insert Image button on the toolbar.

The neck pocket should have the model stamped in it, and if the neck is a Jackson neck, it should have the model stamped on it as well. Since it's not the original neck to the body, it shouldn't say DR3. If it's not even a Jackson neck to begin with, then it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure the DR3 takes a 24 fret neck, but it's possible it takes a 22 fret.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Post the pictures to a free image hosting site, or your own personal domain, then link them here using the Insert Image button on the toolbar.

The neck pocket should have the model stamped in it, and if the neck is a Jackson neck, it should have the model stamped on it as well. Since it's not the original neck to the body, it shouldn't say DR3. If it's not even a Jackson neck to begin with, then it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure the DR3 takes a 24 fret neck, but it's possible it takes a 22 fret.
      Hi thanks for the response - were you able to access the link where I had the photos as first thing I need is someone to confirm this actually is a Jackson/Charvel as it has recessed screw holes for the neck and I'd have thought the Jackson/Charvels all had neck plates?

Cheers, Enda

Comment

I'm still not seeing the OP, this happens a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          I'm still not seeing the OP, this happens a lot.
          only when they are new members

Comment

I can't see the first post, either.

Not all Jackson bolt ons had a neck plate...some had recessed screws.

Some Kelly Professionals and the recent DK2s are just a couple examples.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              only when they are new members
              Only when they edit their original posts and try to put in links. There's some spam measure in place on the forum software. An admin has to manually approve certain things.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Enda View Post
                Hello all at JCF I'm new to this forum so hoping you can help me out. I'm the proud owner of a Charvel model 3 which I've just restored and love it. I've also acquired what I believe to be a Charvel Jackson MIJ DR3 HH but finding it very difficult to verify and would love to find the correct neck? It did come with a project neck that previous owner attempted to lengthen and fit but I'm not sure it if actually belongs to the guitar as it's very lose in the neck pocket and would need the fret board extended and refretted (mega $s or €s no doubt!).

Have tried to link photos from my Facebook account but not sure if you can open them so please let me know or advise best way to post photos on here? Think this new link might work as I set up an ad!!

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guita...on-dr3/9853914
                That is not a Jackson body.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The electronics cavity isn't a Jackson shape.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I can't "zoom in", so I can't tell for sure. But if we look at that trem...
                    Doesn't that look like that weird trem that someone posted the other day?

Comment

And, regardless of the 'authenticity' of the posted guitar, did Charvel even make a DR3?

Comment

Working...
                      X