X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://goo.gl/photos/VpMsQmWJ8qfUT3y47

Is this where the number would be?

Comment

Yup. Between the binding and the last fret.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks, Mudlark.

I feel like a serious dumbFk at the moment. Ive been confused about the PC1 because I was thinking I never knew Phil C was a signature worthy guitarist. Of course Ive been picturing Shock the monkey and Your eyes Phil Collins.

Wiki says that Collen said on ""Rock of Love Bites: An Interview with Def Leppard’s Phil Collen". Classic Rock Revisited. Retrieved 25 January 2010"

In 1989, Collen worked with Jackson Guitars to develop an ergonomically correct electric guitar, although according to Collen, he designed them because "they looked cool," and they ended up having bad balance, as well as a "really weird shape."[7]

Im under no illusions that wiki is reliable, but wondering if anyome has any insight on that.
        Last edited by Ryanincc; 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanincc View Post
          I feel like a serious dumbFk at the moment. Ive been confused about the PC1 because I was thinking I never knew Phil C was a signature worthy guitarist. Of course Ive been picturing Shock the monkey and Your eyes Phil Collins.
          That would be Peter Gabriel, not Phil Collins.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanincc View Post
            Wiki says that Collen said on ""Rock of Love Bites: An Interview with Def Leppard’s Phil Collen". Classic Rock Revisited. Retrieved 25 January 2010"

In 1989, Collen worked with Jackson Guitars to develop an ergonomically correct electric guitar, although according to Collen, he designed them because "they looked cool," and they ended up having bad balance, as well as a "really weird shape."[7]

Im under no illusions that wiki is reliable, but wondering if anyome has any insight on that.
            That's not talking about the PC1 guitar. It's about the old PC Archtop.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2448172
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Let me rephrase

I AM a serious dumbFk

Comment

What's a Dinky?

"Recently, his live rig with Def Leppard is generally various Jackson PC1 Signature Dinky (Some are stock, some are modified in the custom shop), all equipped with Dimarzio and Floyd Rose Sustainer pickups (Except for the Supreme models). "

Comment

Dinky refers to the body size being slightly smaller than a strat.

Comment

Those PC Archtops are supposedly a very well balanced/comfortable guitar from what I've heard. I wonder which model Collen was referring to as being unbalanced?

Yeah, the Dinky name came about because the shape is slightly smaller than a Strat...7/8ths the size of a Strat apparently.

A Jackson Dinky is a bolt on and a Jackson Soloist is a neck thru. Other than that, the Soloist and Dinky both have the same 'Dinky' shape.

Dinky serials are generally on the neck plate, neck thru models (Soloist, Rhoads etc.) on the fretboard.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Im not sure I follow the dinky thing. Is the word "dinky" used often where you guys live? like a slang word for tiny? Here in Texas, well.. its a word Ive never heard before. If I had heard it prior to today, I would think something along the lines of

Last edited by Ryanincc; 04-30-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You've never heard someone refer to something small as 'a dinky little thing'?

A dink is a totally different thing.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I have heard the word before, but Ive never actually seen it spelled out. Especially capitalized as a proper name. Nonetheless, its marketing genius whether intentional or not. I don't think I could forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                            That is an SLAT90 probably from 2004. Should have a JA02xx serial. I have the exact same one in blue. It is mahogany neck/body with direct mount P90 "soapbar" pickups.
                            Is it this one yours? The city matches your profile.

https://reverb.com/item/1201541-jack...ue-custom-shop

Comment

I also found the Collen Archtop to be very well-balanced and one of the most comfortable guitars to play, so I don't know what Phil was talking about. Then again, I am intolerant of all Strat shapes (real and Dinky) for the very same reasons he apparently disliked the Archtop

As for the "Dinky" name, the only time I ever heard it used growing up in south Louisiana and south Mississippi was when something was "rinky-dink" (and alternately "rinky-dinky"), meaning of poor quality and passed off as legit, like a used car lot with a dirt yard and a half-sized house trailer/construction site trailer with the wheels still on it for an office, with those plastic multi-colored triangle banners running everywhere.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                As for the "Dinky" name, the only time I ever heard it used growing up in south Louisiana and south Mississippi was when something was "rinky-dink" (and alternately "rinky-dinky"), meaning of poor quality and passed off as legit, like a used car lot with a dirt yard and a half-sized house trailer/construction site trailer with the wheels still on it for an office, with those plastic multi-colored triangle banners running everywhere.
                                That sounds much more familiar to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X