Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Model ID: 6 String, Mahogany Reverse Headstock, Hardtail

Hey all,

Was there an official model name/ID for a Jackson Soloist with the above specs?: 6 string, Mahogany body, hardtail with a reverse headstock? I'm very interested in obtaining two of these guitars (one of them in black), and thought I should at least track down a model ID in case I stumble across a used one... at least before I follow the 'Custom Shop' route.

My apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Last edited by keennay; 04-08-2016, 12:16 AM.

that would be Custom Shop. I can't think of a production model mahogany neckthru with reverse headstock & hardtail
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks. What about the same specs with the standard Soloist headstock (instead of reverse)?

Comment

Kinda close to a Scott Ian..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Also close to the old SLATQH of the 2000s decade, if you don't mind a TOM bridge instead of hardtail. I wanted one back then and now slightly regret not buying one. The specs make me think it was designed to compete with a Les Paul except with a 25.5" scale. USA, mahogany body, carved quilt maple top, 22-fret ebony board, Duncan JB/59.

An example: https://reverb.com/item/493544-jacks...odel-excellent

Comment

^ Yeah, that would be the closest I think.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              Also close to the old SLATQH of the 2000s decade, if you don't mind a TOM bridge instead of hardtail. I wanted one back then and now slightly regret not buying one. The specs make me think it was designed to compete with a Les Paul except with a 25.5" scale. USA, mahogany body, carved quilt maple top, 22-fret ebony board, Duncan JB/59.

More of a counterpart to an ESP Horizon than a Les Paul IMO. Though I believe Horizon's all have 24 frets. But otherwise when talking carved top mahogany superstrats, the Horizon is the first one that comes to mind, despite stuff like the 750 XL and archtop soloist having been made earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

On that particular one sure does look like rosewood.... Good looking axe regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                  On that particular one sure does look like rosewood.... Good looking axe regardless.
                  Its ebony, looks lighter but seems like the lighting used. Jackson usually uses ebony on USA stuff unless its some custom order.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                    Its ebony, looks lighter but seems like the lighting used. Jackson usually uses ebony on USA stuff unless its some custom order.

I know... I have a bunch! Never seen one from the early 2000's with pores like that. I've seen plenty of "streaked" ebony used over the last few years that look brownish but none with pores like that, not even ones that have dried out for years.

Comment

Wood is hard to make uniform across an entire production line so there are odd balls for sure. I think they should have done a little sealer with ebony dust in it to take out some of the pores to make is smoother but hey, I don't work there. Its hard to tell how a piece of ebony is going to come out before you cut it. I hear its an absolute bitch to work with as it dulls tools super fast and has a tendency to crack and chip super easy when working it. but it is sooooo nice to have lol

Comment

There's a SLATQH for sale right now on Reverb. Great seller too. Considering this myself.

Comment

thats nice, it has a cool marble to the top. 1800 is okay, 22 frets is what kills me.

Comment

Working...
                          X