Jackson/Charvel (and other brands) factory/serial database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel (and other brands) factory/serial database

I make spreadsheets for living. I like guitars (Jackson/Charvel in particular). I like learning and spreading knowledge in general. So I guess it was only a matter of time before this happened.

There are a lot of brands selling import guitars out there and have been for a while. This can result in a ton of confusion, especially as many brands turnover their lineups fairly frequently. So here I am attempting to keep track of who/what/when/where. There are multiple threads already on JCF regarding various current sources of production and serial numbers so I think it's safe to say there is interest. Hell, there is a WMI fan club thread which I find pretty damn interesting. Could you imagine a sports fan saying he is a fan of the strength/conditioning coach rather than a player?

So far, I've attempted to piece together my personal knowledge with other freely available sources in a google spreadsheet.
    • JCF and other forums can be laborious to go through but I've put have tons of knowledge people contributing
    • Audiozone.dk is/was a goldmine, despite being abandoned/neglected for quite a while.
    • Sweetwater has a fantastic guitar gallery that let's you see individual instruments with closeups of neck plates/headstocks
    • Ibanez / Epiphone both have wiki's with tons of info

I very much want to this to be collaborative effort, but don't want randos to be able to waltz in and potentially mess things up. As such, I've set permissions to that anyone can view but editing is somewhat controlled. If you have info to contribute or see something incorrect, you can post/send me info or pm me for editing permissions.

I am welcome to any suggestions on content/presentation. This is the first place I am posting this, with the goal of getting the Jackson/Charvel content filled and cleaned up before spreading it around further.

Note to mods: I wasn't sure exactly where to put this as it could easily fall into quite a few subforums. Feel free to move to where you feel it is most appropriate.
Working...
X