Does anyone remember when...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember when...?

Anyone here remember when JCF was a hub of information and Jackson Charvel fans, not just a place where people show up to find out how much they can sell their f*cking guitars for?

God I miss those days.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Yup. This place is a shell of it's former glory.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I blame the internet.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Part of it is there's a lot less land to conquer, so to speak. Much is known about the brand. Every once in a while something new happens with a discovery about older stuff, but not often as it used to be.

Other part is people have moved into the busy part of life. 15 years ago most of the people on this board were in their 20's and 30's. Now probably mostly 30-40-50. Kids, careers, etc. Heck, maybe even older.

It'll come back around, one way or another.

Comment

It's still the best place on the internet to share and get knowledge on these guitars. I mean geez !.......... what are you going to do, call up Fender Customer Service with your Indonesian serial number and have them tell you it's a 1980's USA Custom ?

Let's face it, the brand just isn't anywhere near as popular as it was in the 80's and 90's. I go to my local guitar center and see 50 USA Gibsons, 50 Fenders, 40 Ibanez guitars and maybe 4 or 5 Jacksons, all lowend Chinese junk.

Comment

Well, my point was more towards the large number of people who get accounts "What's my guitar worth" is post #1 and post #2 is "Ok thanks" and are never heard from again.
            JCF has become more Kelly Blue Book then Kelly guitar appreciation (lol)
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
              It's still the best place on the internet to share and get knowledge on these guitars. I mean geez !.......... what are you going to do, call up Fender Customer Service with your Indonesian serial number and have them tell you it's a 1980's USA Custom ?

Let's face it, the brand just isn't anywhere near as popular as it was in the 80's and 90's. I go to my local guitar center and see 50 USA Gibsons, 50 Fenders, 40 Ibanez guitars and maybe 4 or 5 Jacksons, all lowend Chinese junk.
              So true. Not many J/C I see live in my area. In fact, when I hear about someone buying new guitar, it is always a Fender or Gibson. Lots of kids buy Schecter too.
              I'm sure I am one of a few, if any, local players that plays live with high-quality Jacksons and Charvels. If I ever see a Jackson, it is from the bottom rack of the Guitar Center selection. If I let someone play my simpleton looking USA Custom Shop Charvel, they are blown away by the tone, speed of the neck, and comfort. Then I tell them how much it cost, and they are back to thinking about buying something cheaper with more knobs, pickups, and fancier fret markers.

Comment

The benefit of course is that there are fewer people chasing old ones if that's the case.

I have enough C/J to outfit a small classroom. All quality, no junk. Try that with Gibson or Fender.

Comment

Brick-like fists pummeled us into oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by venomboy View Post
                    brick-like fists pummeled us into oblivion
                    qft
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                      Is that a Vince Sansevere reference ?

Comment

What amazes me is that those valuation questions ALWAYS get answered. Why?!

Comment

sweep kick to head

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          Is that a Vince Sansevere reference ?

hey, they let him decorate his cell real pretty
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            I blame the internet.

sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              sweep kick to head
                              Pardon me for wondering, but am I allowed to ask what this is in reference to? If you cannot disclose, I respect that and won't ask again. I remember Vince though.

I remember JCF being livelier and more light-hearted. We could laugh at everything, joke about almost anything, and the place buzzed with an intangible vitality. It was like seeing all your favorite people gathering in one place and eager to join in on the party. That atmosphere seems to be missing upon my recent return, but personally I feel like the level of quality help and information I've received lately is still up to par (even if activity and responses are slower than before).

Comment

Working...
                              X