No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember when...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been here over 11 years and have no desire to leave.
    That being said, this place needs a tech facelift to keep up with the times. It's a bitch to read on my phone.
    As for the people, most of the assholes have left. There are still some really cool people here who are willing to help noobs out.
    We can't fix JC's marketing, but I would like to see the info get organized on here so clear answers to historical info can be found without getting run through the dick shredder (some of the assholes are still here ).

Anyway... that's my .02
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      But the level of moderation (unless it's totalitarian) has no bearing on popularity of a site
      That's not true, IMO. Just look at all the non-member sales attempts and info requests that get trolled. Moderation would mean thread locked or deleted and trolls either getting infractions or temp bans. Most of those people who got trolled get really upset to leave and never come back, often going to other boards to bitch and complain. Or all the other posts complaining about unfair moderation.

This site used to be popular enough that that was a somewhat regular occurrence.... like a decade or more ago. People don't forget stuff like that.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        That's not true, IMO. Just look at all the non-member sales attempts and info requests that get trolled. Moderation would mean thread locked or deleted and trolls either getting infractions or temp bans. Most of those people who got trolled get really upset to leave and never come back, often going to other boards to bitch and complain. Or all the other posts complaining about unfair moderation.

This site used to be popular enough that that was a somewhat regular occurrence.... like a decade or more ago. People don't forget stuff like that.
        Agreed. I used to try to frequent the Ibanez Jemsite Forum. After being trolled by the head anal opening there(and he was 100% wrong), I gave up on the place. I haven't been back in probably 7-8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

The thing was that 'back then' we also 'moderated' those threads ( )
          If anything, it was our weekly entertainment to hijack those "what's it worth?" threads

In the past years I've noticed that the JCF environment is a playground where the kids themselves get rid of the bullies
          somehow gets rid of assholes pretty quickly without help of moderation
          mostly because we have good assholes among our members, that can outasshole the assholes
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            Jackson lost the war with ESP

Jackson didn't even try to compete for many years. Their imports were over-priced in comparison to LTDs, and who the hell is gonna pay $600+ for a bolt-on Rhoads when for the same money you can get a neck-through LTD or even a Bernie Rico for that money?

Now they somewhat compete, BUT like always they started gaining some traction with their X series they raised prices while thinking they can act like Gibson with raising the prices of their USA guitars every time you blink while ESP continues to under-cut them.

And the average person is indeed nothing but a mindless sheep, and paying a lot of musicians to play ESP/Shitcter does work in making the masses bandwagon by wanting to play what everyone else is playing. Hisatake Shibuya knew that. Never mind that most ESPs are just over-priced copies of Gibsons, Jacksons, etc with EMGs in them.

Comment

Totally agree.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

On the ESP vs. Jackson thing......recent Jackson catalogs showed like a dozen different guys/girls playing Jacksons in what I have to presume are somewhat famous bands (besides the big guns like Phil, Ellefson, Broderick, etc.)

Are these players all endorsees or just artists who play Jackson and pay for them?
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Probably players that pay to buy their Jackson......but I have no idea.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Jackson has been giving lower-exposure artists import Jacksons more recently. That's basically what got many of the Jackson endorsers to switch to ESP. Because they're not all worthy of free customs, but ESP realized this early on and instead of giving out Customs, they'd give potential endorsees a handful of different LTD guitars to use/play/tour with and they were happy with that.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm still hanging onto my Jackson's and they remain my favorite guitars. When my band plays out, at least 2 Jacksons go out on stage with me
                      I'm old school I guess.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I don't think it's just this place. I was on the Seymour Duncan forum for a long time and that place was jumping just five years ago. I mean, someone would post a wiring question and within minutes half a dozen people would reply with expert info.
                        Now, try posting a wiring question there and it'll be days before you get a reply and even then it's not the real experts helping you out.

I think forums are just dying out because of the likes of Facebook where you can chat and get answers to questions much easier.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah, and it's not limited to guitars either
                          The international anime forums have slowed down significantly
                          the (biggest) Dutch motorcycle forum used to have separate very busy GSXR threads, which now all have merged in one and only have about 8 of the same posters on it
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                            I think forums are just dying out because of the likes of Facebook where you can chat and get answers to questions much easier.
                            Exactly!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

From what I've read Facebook Twitter and Instagram are all struggling with relatively sudden dropoffs in traffic. Interesting trend.

Comment

Working...
                              X