Identify Jackson model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify Jackson model

I am trying to identify the year and model of my Jackson guitar. The serial number leads me to believe it's an import but I'm at a loss beyond that. Can anyone help? Serial# 9799783

looks like an rx10d in polka dot with changed pickups...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah, Japanese made RX10D. The serial suggests 2007ish, but you'll need to remove the neck and check the date stamps to confirm that.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have another Jackson I'm trying to identify. It is serial #99020030

The neck appears upside down to most I've seen so I'm a bit confused. I think it is a DK2 but not sure which version or year.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

And another photo

Comment

Reverse headstock/inlays isn't uncommon. That serial indicates 1999 made in India, but I'm not familiar with the model. Perhaps someone else will chime in?

I'd suggest removing the neck to check for date/model stamps in the pocket, but Indian models don't have any useful markings inside. Unless the neck has been swapped? If either the body or neck is actually a Japanese made model, there may be date/model stamps.
            But that's assuming the neck has been swapped...which may not be the case.

It could be a limited run made for a dealer such as Guitar Center, Musicians Friend...etc.

I don't think it's a DK2 body, unless the tremolo was switched to the non-branded JT500? trem that's on it now.

Kinda looks like a PS2 Performer body, but not sure.

How about a pic of the back of the body showing the covers?
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The inlays are also 'upside down'.
              That should help narrow it down a bit.

Comment

Control layout, non recessed cover plates, and JT-500 trem = JS series.
                If it were just the JT-500, I would say X series, but again, control layout makes it a JS.
                Neck is an interesting twist.
                Possibly a swap.
                -Rick

Comment

Do these additional photos help at all?

Comment

The more I look at it and if the neck plate is original to the guitar, I'm almost certain this is a PS2 with a neck swap.
                    Reverse head stock with reverse inlays were available on a lot of mid level import models between 1998 and 2001.
                    They weren't available on the Performer or JS series, but they were on the Pro and X series. (KE3R, DR3, and DX10D all had reverse head stock with reverse inlays.)
                    -Rick

Comment

I think a PS2 body is a strong likelihood aside from some obscure, limited run model... but they weren't Indian made. Korean and Japanese.
                      Perhaps the Indian serial goes with the neck?

As I mentioned earlier, if you remove the neck you may find date/model stamps if either the body or neck came from a Japanese model.

Comment

I need help identifying a Jackson SER# 9663523 SSH Seamor Duncans with a bolt on neck. It has a natural finish. Don't know how to post pics... Any Ideas would be awesome

Comment

http://<a href="http://s1024.photobu...></a>

Comment

Hmmm....this sounds familiar. Could be a 2000 DK2 with added Seymour pups.

Comment

Working...
                            X