X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
    The inlays are also 'upside down'.
    That should help narrow it down a bit.
    Yea technically aren't they "right side up". Being shark fins and all.
    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Originally posted by gnarzan View Post
      Yea technically aren't they "right side up". Being shark fins and all.
      Depends on how you are looking at it...
      The actual inlay part does not have the right arc to be a shark's fin. The wood, however, does look like one. Just like the Ibanez Himalaya inlay - the wood looks like the mountain, not the inlay.

But enough of the puff-puff-pass philosophy.
      The inlays are considered reverse sharkfins.

Comment

It's got all the specs/parts of my first Jackson that was a Musicians Friend only JDR-Pro. Mine was black and don't know if it came in blue..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          It's got all the specs/parts of my first Jackson that was a Musicians Friend only JDR-Pro. Mine was black and don't know if it came in blue..
          I thought the MF exclusive models had a different control layout... the switch was moved up past the volume knob, closer to the bridge pickup, looked more like an Ibanez layout.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This has the standard JS control layout that was also used on the Performers towards the end of their production.
            I still think this is a later model PS-2 body.
            -Rick

Comment

I don't like being someones free price guide.

Comment

offering anyone who pops in all the model and pricing info is what is killing the forum. nobody comes in to talk to one another about guitar, just e-beg for info for free.

If you want to legit make this a part of the site have them buy the membership and have a section where they can do this after paying DUH!

Comment

Making rules and the "read me first" posts that are on the top every forum don't actually do any good.
                  The only to do will be for everyone to stop answering and if the bosses delete them.

It's a larger societal problem than just a forum problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                    I don't like being someones free price guide.

No one is forcing you to do anything...

offering anyone who pops in all the model and pricing info is what is killing the forum. nobody comes in to talk to one another about guitar, just e-beg for info for free.

If you want to legit make this a part of the site have them buy the membership and have a section where they can do this after paying DUH!
                    no one would pay for appraisals

they come and show us the goods...

they want to sell here, they buy membership...

relax Chet

:dead:
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Who the fuck in this thread asked for a value/pricing on any guitar? Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension, duh!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It can seem like the forum is being used, but giving people grief if they ask for a value only shows what a pack of dicks we are, suck it up & help, we just may end up with some new Jackson/Charvel fans who will contribute.

Comment

Price quotes are oftentimes useless. Though, I can see it being beneficial when valuing rarer models such as some '80s guitars and collectors pieces.

Seems most people want a price on an import or USA Select.

For example: A used MIJ DK2 will generally get quotes from $3-450 on here. Then, they see them listed on ebay by some fool for $800+. They're gonna believe whichever of those quotes benefit them.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                            The actual inlay part does not have the right arc to be a shark's fin. The wood, however, does look like one.
                            Oh. My. Gawd.
                            2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
                            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
                            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
                            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                              Price quotes are oftentimes useless. Though, I can see it being beneficial when valuing rarer models such as some '80s guitars and collectors pieces.

Seems most people want a price on an import or USA Select.

For example: A used MIJ DK2 will generally get quotes from $3-450 on here. Then, they see them listed on ebay by some fool for $800+. They're gonna believe whichever of those quotes benefit them.
                              Another point about values....It really depends on your region of the country as well. I live in an area of the country (N.C.) where Jackson/Charvel guitars are not as desirable and therefore don't bring the prices that some of you might get elsewhere. Fender Strats and Telecasters are far more popular.

Comment

Uh, just curious: in exactly which parts of the country do you think J/Cs are more popular than Fenders or Gibsons now? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X