Help with my USA Warrior WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my USA Warrior WR1

I have a Jackson Usa Warrior that I'd like to get specs and year info. It's suppose to be a 2004 WR1 but it's hard to find anything online for those years.
    The serial number is #U17621. Neck thru, transparent green, duncans, floyd. Chrome harware. Please any help for a resource that i can get specs/year from. The email to Jackson customer service was returned not valid by Fender.com.
    Thanks.

[IMG]20160627_191330[/IMG]

Comment

That serial would be 2006, approximately September or October according to my list of post-Fender USA serials.
      Johnnyryche, another member here, has a more thorough list than I, so he may be able to narrow the month down if he comes along.

The specs are listed in the 2006 catalogue.
      http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...06_catalog.pdf
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

All the available info about the WR1 is on the Jackson's website.
        The only change the WR1 has seen over the years is the neck, which was oiled back in the early '00, now its painted like the rest of the USA Select guitars. Yours should have a maple top.

http://jacksonguitars.com/guitars/wa...erboard-black/

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
          All the available info about the WR1 is on the Jackson's website.
          The only change the WR1 has seen over the years is the neck, which was oiled back in the early '00, now its painted like the rest of the USA Select guitars. Yours should have a maple top.

http://jacksonguitars.com/guitars/wa...erboard-black/
          You're forgetting the original Warriors from 1990! They had the shorter scale length, slanted fingerboards, and single coil sized rail pickups. Not to mention, they used the Jackson JE-1500 envelope filter active electronics module. Also had the Schaller JT-590 tremolo and a slightly different neck profile than the "modern" Warriors.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            That serial would be 2006, approximately September or October according to my list of post-Fender USA serials.
            Johnnyryche, another member here, has a more thorough list than I, so he may be able to narrow the month down if he comes along.
            Yep, my log shows late Sept or early Oct 2006 for this WR1.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              You're forgetting the original Warriors from 1990! They had the shorter scale length, slanted fingerboards, and single coil sized rail pickups. Not to mention, they used the Jackson JE-1500 envelope filter active electronics module. Also had the Schaller JT-590 tremolo and a slightly different neck profile than the "modern" Warriors.
              You're right about the specs the first Warriors had back in the early '90s, but I was refering to the WR1, not the Warrior model.

Btw, I have a bad case of GAS for an early Warrior, the only thing that turns me down (apart from the fact that they don't show up very often) is the 24.75" scale.

Comment

Thanks guys! I was able to contact someone at Jackson and they confirmed it's a 2006 model and they sent the specs to my email. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures. lol. I'll post some.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  Thanks guys! I was able to contact someone at Jackson and they confirmed it's a 2006 model and they sent the specs to my email. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures. lol. I'll post some.
                  In order to post pics you should first upload them somewhere, I use dropbox, but any public server for pictures will do. Then you click on the "insert image" icon and paste the URL address of the pic you want to share.

Comment

Thank you JCB

Comment

Comment

Once you load your pic on a site such as tinypic, photobucket etc...copy the link.
                        Then, click the square to the right of the globe/red X at the top of the reply section and paste the link there. Your pic should show then.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

There you go...

Comment

That's f'n sweet man. I used to be a Warrior player. My WR1 was a bonafide 2004 and badass as hell (it had the oiled neck which kicks ass). But, I had issues with the volume knob placement as well as the recessed OFR and forward tilt of the instrument. As far as the classic Jackson volume knob issue goes, the WR1 is the worst of the worst. So I moved on to Jackson strats. But I look back on the WR1's more or less fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              That's f'n sweet man. I used to be a Warrior player. My WR1 was a bonafide 2004 and badass as hell (it had the oiled neck which kicks ass). But, I had issues with the volume knob placement as well as the recessed OFR and forward tilt of the instrument. As far as the classic Jackson volume knob issue goes, the WR1 is the worst of the worst. So I moved on to Jackson strats. But I look back on the WR1's more or less fondly.
                              When you mention forward tilt of the guitar, do you mean belly dive? I really want to try a WR but I've never had the chance. I've wondered about the balance of the guitar when playing on one's feet because of the strap button facing down on the upper horn, which is not like any other. Regarding the volume knob, it looks just like the Kelly, which I have no problem with.

Comment

Working...
                              X