Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
    strap button facing down
    Reminds me of my Iceman...which does tilt forward away from my body. Hopefully, you'll have no issue.

[IMG][/IMG]
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

When you mention forward tilt of the guitar, do you mean belly dive?
      I had a Kelly XLR that would belly dive, but I also had a WRMG that didn't. I thought the Warrior was probably the most comfortable guitar to play standing or sitting.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I had a Kelly XLR that would belly dive, but I also had a WRMG that didn't. I thought the Warrior was probably the most comfortable guitar to play standing or sitting.
        I've always prefered some "belly dive" in a guitar. I'm sure a lot of things need to be taken into account, apart from personal preferences, but in my case due to the height I place the guitar, the belly dive effect actualy prevents my left wrist from bending to much. I don't find the Strat/Soloist shape that confortable due to fact that the way the guitar is place over my belly forces my hand to bend over too much.

The V's and Kelly shapes , which tend to lean forward a little bit, are for me, perfect to play standing.

Comment

Thanks i'm gonna try and post more
          There you go...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            That's f'n sweet man. I used to be a Warrior player. My WR1 was a bonafide 2004 and badass as hell (it had the oiled neck which kicks ass). But, I had issues with the volume knob placement as well as the recessed OFR and forward tilt of the instrument. As far as the classic Jackson volume knob issue goes, the WR1 is the worst of the worst. So I moved on to Jackson strats. But I look back on the WR1's more or less fondly.
            Thanks man. I haven't had an issue with the volume knob. It's tight fitting and i don't hit when i play. But I do chunky stuff on this guitar. I don't want to scratch it up. I do my strummy stuff on my strat.

Comment

I've always prefered some "belly dive" in a guitar. I'm sure a lot of things need to be taken into account, apart from personal preferences, but in my case due to the height I place the guitar, the belly dive effect actualy prevents my left wrist from bending to much. I don't find the Strat/Soloist shape that confortable due to fact that the way the guitar is place over my belly forces my hand to bend over too much.

The V's and Kelly shapes , which tend to lean forward a little bit, are for me, perfect to play standing.
              I noticed some dive if you wear it low like I do my strat. If I bring it up a little it reduced the dive dramatically. It's not as bad as my old BC Ironbird was. That thing was brutal on the dive.

Comment

When you mention forward tilt of the guitar, do you mean belly dive? I really want to try a WR but I've never had the chance. I've wondered about the balance of the guitar when playing on one's feet because of the strap button facing down on the upper horn, which is not like any other. Regarding the volume knob, it looks just like the Kelly, which I have no problem with.
                The strap buttons are kinda weird. Seems like it's going to get wear from the strap over time. it rubs on both ends. Especially the top horn.

Comment

[IMG]20160703_145324.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

My Warrior didn't really neck dive, it just liked sitting at a particular angle where it balanced. My 7 string Stealth on the other hand actually wants to point toward the ground.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X