Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I currently own 2 Jacksons, 1 I just purchased and 1 that I acquired from my son years ago. The newest one looks like what was identified in another thread as a RX10D (without the spots) with a serial #99080948. It has 2 dualcoils, a single volume pot, a 3 position switch, and a FR tremolo. The older guitar had no serial that we could find, but has date stamp of Oct 5 1988 under neck. The body is more like a soloist with a Jackson dual coil at the bridge and a single by the neck. The tremolo is a Kahler. The neck has no name on the reverse head, but is in every way a Jackson neck. I even went to a Jackson dealer several years ago and they had no idea what it was. This guitar is in very bad shape due to mistreatment by one of my sons, and I am slowly trying to resurrect it. When I had it the first time it was a sweet playing guitar and sounded awesome, but after allowing the son to use it again it came back trashed. I also have another son with a Jackson, that I don't have any real info on, that I just restrung and set-up so he can play this weekend. That one plays nice, but there is evidence of previous damage with the machines being changed and not matched. Any info on my 2 would be appreciated. I will try to get some pictures and link them as soon as possible.

The Rhoads sound like an early RX10D (sharkfin inlays) or RX10 (dot inlays). Made in India, 1999. Production was moved to Japan on the X series circa '01-'02.

I'll wait for a pic before I comment on the '88. There's no 'Jackson' logo on the headstock? Can't imagine why there'd be no serial, but it's not unexplainable. If it has a Soloist shape with a bolt on it'd be a Dinky. Soloists are neck thru.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
    X